ATA box Gremlins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robp1
Junior

ATA box Gremlins

I’ve been very moody with ATA issues since we signed up. Most of my problems with HughesNet have come from poor installation location and procedures rather than the actual service. When my system works it works Great! What luck has anyone had using ATA box and Panasonic handsets? I’ve changed phone so many time and I am out of options. Anytime I am on the Hughes phone and a TXT comes through on the cell even if it’s across the house the Hughes phone drops the call. Can anyone point me to a resolution?

I’ve changed phones, channels, but still can’t make it work correctly.

Thanks,

Rob
8 REPLIES 8
Liz

Hi Rob!

Interesting that you bring this up, we've actually seen this issue before where the tone of the iMessage notification somehow causes an active HughesNet call to hang up. If the iPhone is on silent and a text is received, does the issue persist? Alternatively, try changing the notification sound to see if that makes a difference. 

Edit: Found the original thread where this issue happened. Looks like it's the default iMessage tone is the cause:

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Voice-disconnects-when-receiving-an-iMessage/m-p/844...

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

We have to power the iPhones off if the call is important. I will try to change to tone and update if it corrects. I would also like to add that since we reprinted the dish and got a stronger signal my ATA clarity is almost perfect. It doesn’t seem to lag or drop as bad either. I find these forums highly productive.

I'm glad you're finding our community useful, it is after all a resource for our HughesNet subscribers. So yes, easiest thing to try is to just change the iMessage tone to anything other than the default and you should be fine.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

They people here are friendly and seem to give real solutions. After fighting for almost a year to get the bugs worked out of my system I am finding that Hughes is reliable when the equipment is working correctly. My issues started with the install and it took months to get any help until I used the forms. Everything was working good again until this
Last wind/snowstorm.

Hi Rob,

Did changing the iMessage tone help?

No it didn’t seem to help. I think The iPhone and the house phone are possibly fighting over channels?

Good morning Rob,

Just confirming that your iMessage concern was resolved? I believe you mentioned it in your other thread. Please let me know so I can close this thread.

Good morning Rob,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.