cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATT acquires DirecTV

Highlighted

Re: ATT acquires DirecTV

Charles, the issues I had with my landline is how I ended up with sat internet. If I could hear thunder then the line went down. One time I actually had to tell them to move me to a different switch to even come close to a consistent connection. The thunder still knocked it out but it was better than it had been.
New Poster

I had the exact same problem with ATT home phone the line quality was so bad you couldn't hear the person on the other end and if it rained forget using it. so I canceled it and transferred my number to Straight Talk Home Phone which only cost $15 a month and is crystal clear regardless of the weather
Associate Professor

Hey gang--the landline phone was on a single "Isolated" circuit for me--My own "personal" switch & terminal--"Lucky Me": anyway, when the wildfires burned through here--ALL lines & pokes were destroyed. I refuse to pay the "cost" of replacing the "Service" that was so CRUMMY & RESTRICTED before!! Nope--now it is a cell & Since I am "Monitored"--We haven't had a bill in Years!!  No landlines ever again!

When I lived in the city, I had AT&T Uverse.  Let me tell you, after having had Cox and Time Warner and Comcast, AT&T Uverse internet supercedes all of them.  Their fiber optic internet was blazing fast and only have 2 problems in the 2 years I had them.  I've had at least one problem every month since December with Hughes Net.  I hope AT&T expands their fiber optic internet and I'll GLADLY run away from HN and pay the ETF.
Associate Professor

The issue is, they agreed to that stipulation when they were allowed to buy out some of the Baby Bells. 

They're only about 1/2 mile from my house so I'm holding out hope. LOL

I have Fiber Optic about 150 yards away and Cimarron Telephone refuses to bring it to my house they sat to many rocks.
Assistant Professor

Gary, you would think they'd have some kind of little wireless repeater for such situations what with technology these days.
Could go that last 150 yards with it. Heck I think I could cobble something myself if they would interface it to the fiber but fat chance on that.