cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolute lack of appreciation for customer concerns

Freshman

Absolute lack of appreciation for customer concerns

I have had the misfortune to be a Hughes Net customer for about 13 months. From day one there were issues. the installer was too lazy to run his own cable into the house and spent a goodly amount of time trying to discover which Direct Tv cable ran to the room where I wanted the modem so he could use it rather than install his own.

My children thought that having a Hughes Net system was so great that they gave me an Amazon Fire Tv  system and Netflix for my birthday got it all hooked sadly to discover that all movies and other features buffered all the time during that evening. I then called to find out why my movies were buffering and was told that must have been some error and tech support had me run speed checks under their direction. The down load speeds were less than 1.0 mbps and some as low as 389kbps. I was told then that someone higher up in tech support would review this poor result and call me back with answer. Never happened. Over the last year I have called about this poor performance to Hughes Net's stated avg. download speed never getting an answer but rather a run around with the final outcome being we cannot maintain anywhere near our stated avg. of 5-7MBps download speed during prime usage times. Great speeds between 2a.m. and 8a.m. when nobody is using. The speeds so bad Amazon refunded me the cost of the movie I purchased.

Today I called to ask why that my bank account was charged for the service the day the bill was generated. The answer is that's the way we do it and we can't change it. When I ask to speak with a supervisor I was told that she was too busy to talk to me but had been to about my concern and she was willing to move the bill generation date but funds would still be withdrawn on the day bill generated even though it clearly states that it is not due for 10 days. Nothing new. I was told when I got the service I would be mailed a bill and then would pay it. When I called to find out why that didn't happen a year ago I was told that there would be an extra charge for that service but I would have time to review before funds were pulled. Once again another Hughes Net lie.

Nothing from day one has been as represented when I called to get service. What a poor excuse for an internet data provider.

To borrow an old saying about politicians to describe customer support at Hughes Net " if their lips are moving they are lying" is the best description.

Sanford

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Absolute lack of appreciation for customer concerns

Hi Sanford, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear this, but while you're here, we can help address your concerns.

Regarding your speed concerns, we can certainly help address those. So I pulled up your account and ran remote diagnostics on your site to check the HughesNet equipment and ability to communicate with the satellite. Nothing out of the ordinary, the HughesNet equipment is working normally.

To help us address your speed concern, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your cooperation, patience, and understanding is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

If you find that your current bill date (when your card is automatically charged) is inconvenient, we have no problem changing it to another date to better suit your needs, just let me know.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

You and I are in the same boat Sanford!  I too have the displeasure of being a Hughesnet customer.  It appears to be that no one who can effect real change to service delivery has slightest concern for satisfaction of the subscribers.  As for the low speeds, every time I contact Hughesnet I am informed I exceeded my allowance and will have to purchase additional tokens!  The previous allegation occurred three days after the billing cycle and the data allowance reset....three days!  There was no way I used 150GB of data.

Assistant Professor

150 GB of data? No plan has that much. What plan do you have and what are you doing, a lot of streaming video?

Also best to start your own post if you want help from the official reps here.
Highlighted

WELL I SPENT THE AFTERNOON TRYING TO CANCEL MY SERVICE NOV. 7TH, 2015. HAHA WHAT A JOKE.  MY CONTRACTS END ON NOV 7TH BUT I CANT TELL THEM I WANT IT TO END THAT DAY THIS MONTH OR THEY WILL CHARGE ME A EARLY CANCELATION FEE.  WHICH THEY SAID WOULD BE 85 DOLLARS.  I TOLD THEM I WAS NOT WANTING THEM TO DEBIT MY ACCOUNT ON NOV 7TH SINCE I WOULD NOT BE OWING THEM ANYTHING BECAUSE MY CONTRACT ENDS THAT DAY.. THEY TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO CALL NOV 7TH TO END THE SERVICE.. LIKE I AM STUPID OR SOMETHING .. WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS ON NOV 7TH THEY WILL DEBIT MY ACCOUNT AND I WILL HAVE TO DISPUTE THE TRANSACTION TO GET MY MONEY BACK.. I REALLY HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY THIS COMPANY AND REFUSE TO PAY THEM ONE DIME MORE THAN I HAVE TOO.  MY DATA RUNS OUT IN 2 WEEKS EVERY MONTH I HAVE TO CALL THEM AND GET ALL UPSET AND THEY WILL GIVE ME EXTRA DATA BUT WHAT THE TROUBLE. I GET SO UPSET I FEEL LIKE I AM GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK . ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT.. YOU NEVER GET SUPPORT THAT REALLY HELPS YOU. I AM SURE THEY ARE DOING EVERYONE ELSE THE SAME WAY.  I REALLY WISH THERE WAS SOME SORT OF CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY BECAUSE I WOULD JOIN IT. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. 
THANK YOU