Absolute worst service ive ever seen

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Upsetcustomer
New Poster

Absolute worst service ive ever seen

Not only do they lie to their customers to get them to sign up I also think they should be sue for false advertisement their comercial tlk about no hard data limits but what do you call it when data starts out real fast on the first day of the month then on the second day thru to end of month data is so slow I have to use my cell phone as a hotspot in order to get online with laptop the girl I talked to assured me that this system would accommodate all my needs have not done none of that now if I want to terminate the systems have to pay some kind of outrageous early termination fee
4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Upsetcustomer

A hard data limit means the service is cut off when one exhausts their data allotment.  No hard data limit, in reference to this service, means when one exhausts their data allotment their service is slowed, but not cut off.  

It's not false advertisement, and one would hope that a person researches a product or service before they buy it instead of solely relying on what they see, and their interpretation of what was said, in a TV advertisement.  

This is the Tech Support board.  If you have a technical issue for which you would like support please explain what the technical issue is.  

Regarding your data issue, as in running out of it on the second day, the following two posts may help...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

If you feel that you were misled by the sales person, and it has been less than 90 days since your sales call, you can request a review of that sales call.  If it's determined that you were misled in that sales call you may have recourse in the form of being able to cancel the service with a reduced, or no, Early Termination Fee.  You can request a sales call review in the "MyAccount and Billing" section.  

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"A hard data limit means the service is cut off when one exhausts their data allotment.  No hard data limit, in reference to this service, means when one exhausts their data allotment their service is slowed, but not cut off.  

It's not false advertisement, and one would hope that a person researches a product or service before they buy it instead of solely relying on what they see, and their interpretation of what was said, in a TV advertisement. "

A common denominator in many of the complaints like the OP's is that prospective buyers do not understand the product or service they are buying, misunderstand or misinterpret what they are told, take sales people at face value, fail to verify what they are told, and fail to conduct research on the product they're going to buy.  In short, they neglect their own responsibility in the transaction, and then they throw a big tantrum and claim they've been cheated.

Brooke
Alum

Hi upsetcustomer, welcome to the community and thanks for reaching out.  There’s no limit to the amount of data you can use each month, however once you exceed your monthly allowance, you stay connected at reduced speeds until your next billing cycle. If you have any questions you can review our legal terms regarding no hard data limits and our Fair Access Policy

-Brooke

Brooke
Alum

Upsetcustomer, I hope we were able to clear things up regarding your service since we haven't heard from you. I'm going to close this thread due to inactivity, but feel free to post again if you need assistance in the future. We'll be glad to help!

Thank you.

-Brooke