cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access times

Highlighted
New Member

Access times

Is there a way to set times that the internet can only be accessed?
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Access times


@Dcd2wins wrote:
Is there a way to set times that the internet can only be accessed?

  The only way I can think of is to actually cut the power to the modem during the hours you want to restrict access with something like this:

 

.https://www.amazon.com/Century-Indoor-24-Hour-Mechanical-Outlet/dp/B01LPSGBZS/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=ti...

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Access times

@Dcd2wins 

 

Unfortunately, the HT2000W modem doesn't have any time restriction settings in the Parental Controls.   Since added. 

 

There are 3rd party routers that have time restriction settings in their Parental Controls, and you can use 3rd party routers with the HT2000W modem.  Granted, you'd have to buy a router (unless you already have one), but if it's important to be able to set these restrictions it might be worth it.  If you do decide to go the way of a separate router, make sure to check its capabilities before you buy to ensure that it has those settings available, as not all routers do.


Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Access times

I'm using the HT2000W and there ARE time schedule capabilities under the firewall--parental control settings. However, I can't seem to get them to work! Been messing with the settings all day, resetting the router and everything, with no success. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Access times

@daisyblend 

 

It looks like they've since been added.  

 

First make sure to tick the Firewall Features box under Firewall, if it isn't already, and click Save Settings.  Then make sure to tick the "Filter Function" box in Parental Controls and click Save Settings before adding the Rule.  Also make sure to enable the rule that you add and specify the URL in URL blocking if blocking specific URLs.


Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Access times

This is such an old thread, maybe the mods should close it. 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Access times

If @GabeU 's suggestions don't work, you may want to start a new ticket under Tech Support, as you tagged on a very old dormant thread that will likely be closed.  Just go to the Tech Support main page and click "start a topic."

 

daisyblend wrote:

I'm using the HT2000W and there ARE time schedule capabilities under the firewall--parental control settings. However, I can't seem to get them to work! Been messing with the settings all day, resetting the router and everything, with no success. 


 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Access times

Yep yep. Got all those boxes ticked, settings saved on both screens. Still nada. Reset the router after changing the settings. Nada. I even tested a couple URLs to block just to see if anything was working and that didn't work either. Was curious if there was something else I was missing. I checked all the boxes to block everything, as I didn't know what some of the specific port things are. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Access times

 
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: Access times

Start your own ticket under Tech Support.  This thread will likely be closed and you will not receive responses. If you would like someone to look at the problem, you will need to start a new ticket. Go to the Tech Support page and click "start a topic."

 

daisyblend wrote:

Yep yep. Got all those boxes ticked, settings saved on both screens. Still nada. Reset the router after changing the settings. Nada. I even tested a couple URLs to block just to see if anything was working and that didn't work either. Was curious if there was something else I was missing. I checked all the boxes to block everything, as I didn't know what some of the specific port things are.