cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account migration to different satellite?

Account migration to different satellite?

I was told by a service rep that I cannot (yet) boost my usage caps because Hughes is moving user accounts to a different satellite which will permit service upgrades.

This is news to me.  Does anyone have more info, including a date when things will be good to go?
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Account migration to different satellite?

Good morning Mark,

I'd like to assist you with answering this question, but I am not sure I fully understand your situation. Do you have a recent case number, or perhaps the serial number on your modem? We can take a look into your account and see whats going on and how to best help you.

Thanks,
Amanda

Hi, Amanda;

My Case ID: 44362862. The short of it all is that I would like to upgrade my service because I keep hitting the cap. Calling the customer service rep, I was informed that Hughes was in the process of migrating accounts from the on e I use-- a satellite that did not support service upgrades to one that does. He could not provide me with additional information.

Hello Mark,

I've looked into your account and see that you did call to ask about an upgrade previously. Currently, with the equipment in your home, you have the highest service plan we offer. Unfortunately our Echostar 17 satellite does not cover your area, so our entire set of Gen4 packages are not available for your area.

Since we are working to expand our coverage with more beams in the future, this may be what the representative was trying to say. I apologize if there was any confusion about immediate migrations, but know that we will  be able to cover the rest of the United States soon.

Thank you,
Amanda

Hello, Amanda;

Because you are an Official Rep, I appreciate that you should always represent your employer in a positive light. However, when I moved to "Gen 4" service, I was never informed that 10 gigs was my cap. I was promised that I could upgrade my service if what was available didn't meet my needs.

Well, that doesn't meet my needs and I require more bandwidth and more download speed. My work depends on it. Adding 2 gigs for $16 every few days is frustrating. Hughes hasn't lived up to the promises made when I purchased it (yes, not a problem of your making); What is frustrating is the discrepancy between the promise of a service and the reality of what I have and the inability of your company to deliver what it promised or to describe the date by which it will be available.
Associate Professor

Highlighted

Hi Mark,

We understand and hear you loud and clear. Please expect a call from a case manager to discuss the situation with you soon.

Thanks
Amanda