Hughesnet Community

Actual, Physical Satellite Dish - I've got the oldest, original version, no good!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G2
New Poster

Actual, Physical Satellite Dish - I've got the oldest, original version, no good!

I've heard from many that the newer (not sure what to call the generations of actual dishes) are much better, and that it has fixed problems with connectivity, speed, reliability, etc. I've got the very oldest, original - how do I get the newest version? I'm tired of expensive, poor service, and wonder if this might actually be at the heart of the problem.

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@G2 

Liz was previously trying to help you, but you never started the new topic concerning your issues that she asked for.  

Please see the following...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/SCMA-error/m-p/126584/highlight/true#M84861

Yeah I’ve had techs out twice - replaced the modem and realigned. Working now , but I am interested in an answer to my question. I’ve realized I’ve got the oldest hardware there is - so I’m sure my signal, transmit etc could be better. What does everyone else have? I’m thinking I need to request updated hardware. Paying a ton for old stuff.