Addressing HughesNet Management

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seeker
Freshman

Addressing HughesNet Management

Someone from HughesNet is using my Verizon wireless mobile data. It's the only internet access I use although I'm still a paying customer. I'm still being hacked on the fly and I don't find that amusing either.

15 REPLIES 15
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

What evidence do you have that this is happening? And what makes you think it's someone from HughesNet?  EDIT: Additionally, you may want to call Verizon and have them investigate the issue, as it may be something on their side. 

I already sent proof to management, as well as Verizon. I consider to issue handled on my end.

maratsade

Excellent. Good luck!

Good morning Seeker,

Thanks for reaching out. Is the screenshot you PM'd me the "proof to management" or is this separate? I'm not sure what this screenshot is supposed to demonstrate, as it's confirmation box for clearing your browser history specifically for hughes.net. That is just the domain we use for HughesNet e-mails, and is not an actual website to visit like hughesnet.com or hughes.com.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Screenshot_20220425-105247~2.png

Someone actually replicated the my residential hughesnet WiFi leased equipment last year. I still pay for the service since I locked into a 2 year contract. I'll be shipping the equipment back before I relocate.

Just in closing,

Regards

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Just saying... That screenshot doesn't really show much of anything to back any claim of yours in this topic up, other than your laptops hotspot setup, for people to access your internet connection, through your own laptop and its own dedicated internet connection.

I strongly suggest, unless you want your laptop to act as a hotspot when it is connected to the internet, to disable the Mobile Hotspot feature.

Good morning Seeker,

I looked up your account and see that you've only opted for a suspension of service, so as it stands, your account hasn't been processed for a cancellation. If you cancel, only then we'll send you the lease return kit for you to return your equipment and avoid the Unreturned Equipment Fee. So if you do want to terminate your service and return your equipment, please call us back to cancel.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning Seeker,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

GabeU

@Seeker 

It's practically impossible for someone to hack your Verizon mobile service through your HughesNet internet service.  It also makes no sense that someone would even try to do so. 

You may want to have your phone checked out for malware. 

maratsade

It's also a pretty ridiculous notion that "someone from HughesNet" would do this at all.  Still, if the OP wants to pursue this, s/he'd have to provide serious evidence to prove the claim, which is likely an impossible task given the absurdity of said claim. 

Seeker
Freshman

I don't argue mute points of fact. My mobile has security software.

maratsade

Moot is right unless you present serious evidence of your claim. 

It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Especially when the men with the butterfly nets are after you. 

GabeU

Great for your mobile security.  It doesn't change the fact that your claim is still utterly ridiculous.