Adobe Illustrator

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
potterivy
New Poster

Adobe Illustrator

I recently moved and now HughesNet is the only available internet provider. I'm still adapting to the data cap, after being a UVerse customer for several years. I don't watch movies, use Netflix, nor play games, but I still run out of data.  I do watch an occasional YouTube video. I've changed some of the settings on my laptop, iPhone and iPad (as suggested in the Community) to attempt to save data.

That being said, I'm an artist and need Adobe Illustrator for my business, but it recently has changed to subscription only. Can anyone tell me if using a subscription-type program will mean I run out of data even faster? I'm not sure how all that works.

Thanks,
Sharon
8 REPLIES 8
Knerkin Akin

Adobe's Creative Cloud will not consume more data for each application than that application would with stand alone updates. However, you will probably have more than one application in your Creative Cloud subscription, so there's that to consider.Creative cloud gives you the choice of when to initiate updates, so you can do them in the "back"hours.
potterivy
New Poster

Thanks so much, Knerkin.  That's exactly what I needed to know.
potterivy
New Poster

Thanks, Mordacious. Good to know about  Cloud. I just in the last couple days changed my laptop, iPhone and iPad settings and my data isn't renewed for 4 more days, so I haven't had a chance to see if that will help.  Crossing my fingers that it does.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Agreed, being a subscription should not impact your usage, will stay the same as it has been with non-subscription. From what I read it only downloads images and such when you request it, which you have total control over.

There is no automatic cloud syncing going on that I see, that is the data killer with some programs.
potterivy
New Poster

Thanks, BirdDog!
Knerkin Akin

Adobe's marketing people got to breathing hard over the latest buzz word and decided to "cloud" things over. There is nothing cloudy about the way that Creative Cloud manages your work files. Everything CAN be local, except of course, application updates, over which you have total control.
potterivy
New Poster

That's what I didn't understand, Knerkin.  Thanks for making that clear for me.  I feel better now about using the CC products.
Liz

Good morning potterivy,

Glad to see that Knerkin gave you the info you needed. If you need any more advice or help, we're here for you!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!