Hughesnet Community

Advanced Tech Support?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akobak

Advanced Tech Support?

I have been without internet since last Thursday. Spent hours on phone with support on Friday and was told that "Advanced Tech Support" would contact me within 48 hours. When they did not, I called again and was told that it would be 2 business days. Well, now it is the following Wednesday and I have not heard from them and there has been no movement on my issue. I have been a customer for a long time, and do not appreciate being treated like this. Latest case # is 101129278
HELP!

Issue: HN9000 modem. Lights are all ON. Connectivity test is good. Ethernet cable directly into my imac. No flags on my control panel, Green light. Everything appears to be working.... except I cannot browse the internet. Every web page returns the "you are not connected to the internet" error. When I run diagnostics, the solution is to "Contact internet service provider" Well, I have and they cannot seem to figure out what is wrong. At least they could send a replacement modem to see if that is the problem. my guess is that they will send out a guy, charge me $125, he will replace the modem and I will have to fight to get pro-rated credit on my bill for the week+ I was without service.
9 REPLIES 9
Amanda

Hey akobak

This is a pretty interesting issue. I'm really sorry you haven't been called yet, but hopefully we can figure it out before you do get a call and beat advanced support to the punch. 

So you can get to the System Control Center, which is good. How do you access it - with the IP address of 192.168.0.1 or http://systemcontrolcenter.com? Do both of those options work to get to the control panel? Our engineers actually made changes to your access gateway (where your 'net comes from) so I wonder if it could just be some DNS mismatch going on. Upon inspecting the LAN connectivity of your modem, it seems that information does move back and forth so I don't think there is an issue with the LAN port or the cable. 

What websites are you trying to access when you test out connectivity? I know you've probably done it, but I assume you have powercycled both your modem and your Mac? Any other devices in the house you can test?

Looking forward to resolving this with you

Amanda
akobak

Yes... I have power cycled everything. I have tried to access facebook, yahoo, amazon, google, hughesnet with both chrome and safari. I cannot access internet through wifi with android phone or ipad. I have checked cables inside and out. It appears that the modem is fine... just no internet.

Thank you for saying this: "Our engineers actually made changes to your access gateway (where your 'net comes from) so I wonder if it could just be some DNS mismatch going on. " I don't know the lingo, but this kind of thing is what I was hoping customer service could check/fix when I was on the phone

I am at work now, but I have tried to upload images from my home computer from this morning...

akobak

How do you access it - with the IP address of 192.168.0.1 or http://systemcontrolcenter.com? Do both of those options work to get to the control panel?

I will test this at home during lunch.
akobak

I was able to get to the control panel with both options... still no browsing.
akobak

Still no call from ADVANCED TECH SUPPORT
Amanda

Hey akobak

I'll let their supervisor know, but let's see what we can do to fix this in the meantime.

What I am seeing after investigating for a bit more today and trying to make some changes on our end is that the modem is sending out information to whatever it is plugged into like normal. However there is no information coming back to the modem from the outside device, which I assume is your Mac. 

If you have the Mac connected, can you give the instructions in this link a try? I am not sure which operating system version you have on it, but it should be covered in here.

https://support.apple.com/en-my/HT202516

Let me know if that works
Thanks
Amanda
akobak

Amanda... last night my ability to browse was magically restored!!!!!

So it appears that the issue was not on my end after all... I did notice that on my system status page, the gateway location had been changed to SALT LAKE CITY UT. Could that have had anything to do with the issue? Anyway, many thanks to whomever was able to make the change(s) on your end to get me back online. Happy that this is resolved, but hoping I will be able to be credited for the week I was without any service.

Thanks again,

Akobak
Amanda

Hi Akobak

That makes me wonder if there was an issue on your gateway - very odd. The only thing I did yesterday was hard-reboot your modem from my end, but I don't think that would change the gateway. Glad to hear it is working again. I will follow up with engineering to see if and why they made the change.

I'd be happy to apply the credit for the time you were without service, not a problem.

Thanks,
Amanda
akobak

Thank you!