cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced tech support says after hours when not after hours

Senior Instructor

Re: Advanced tech support says after hours when not after hours

@C0RR0SIVE

I don't know what in the heck that Altizure site is, but it took nearly two minutes for it to even start displaying anything, and then I closed it before fully loading.  An EXTREMELY data instensive site.  

Onshape 11 seconds.  

Wevolver 9 seconds.  

The rest were all under twenty seconds for me, save for battle.net, which took about four seconds to open and 33 seconds to fully load, and I didn't go to Fox News.

Altizure, Onshape, Wevolver and Battle.net I had never been to, so none of any of them loaded from my cache.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

Re: Advanced tech support says after hours when not after hours

Those load times are comparable to what I get when its not primetime. Altizure is a 3d modeling site that loads in seconds on my phone or tablet when using cell data or DSL. Takes about 30 seconds now not primetime on Hughes.Useless during primetime.

I assume that since Hughes works mostly ok as long as its not primetime it must be just how Hughes operates during peak times. I tried using it for lots of different sites tonight during primetime and it was unusable. This site even timed out 3 times tonight just trying to get to this thread. But testmy.net still says I got 15mbs. NO OTHER SITE IS USABLE DURING PRIMETIME.

My hardware and my system must be good now since I can use it like advertised as long as it is NOT primetime. So why is it so overloaded and useless during primetime? If this is what they sell how can they get away with charging so much for something that only works part of the time? If its not usual then why is mine so useless during primetime. And how do I get it fixed. Don't tell me to do a speed test on testmy.net. It is still the only usable site for me during primetime. Every other site loads so slow it can take more than a minute to see images come up or it times out.

I tried watching a couple videos at 144p and they just kept buffering. Really 144p is to big a file to watch during primetime? Don't tell me it was youTube. I know they have there own issues but its NEVER been this bad on any other provider.

Is this normal? Or not? If not how do I get it fixed.

Tags (1)
  • Tags:
Sophomore

Still super slow useless during primetime Fixit or refund my money

So here we are month 2 and still useless during prime time. Since the service call that re-peaked the dish and changed the radio my off peak speeds are mostly usable. Thank you for that at least..Google earth is still useless. 

During peak times everything is useless. Even this site times out trying to get to the forum. Tonight testmy net was closer than ever. Usually shows 10 to 30Mbps even one time showed 1800Mbps When reality is under 1Mbps. . But tonight it was running under 2Mbps. The Hughes test was 0.29Mbps. How is this supposed to be normal. I want this fixed or come get this piece of crap and refund my money. I am tired of the frustration.

Tags (3)

Re: Still super slow useless during primetime Fixit or refund my money

Hello,

Thanks for posting your updates. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Here we are another night I pay but can't use the internet.  When the speed tests time out you know its slow. Or rather useless.

slow hughes net 2.jpgslow hughes net.jpg

Both of these tests never finished. One got to 96.1% and froze. The other got to 100% but never posted a value. Just froze. MAybe one day they will fix it. I somehow doubt it. But ya never know. There is only so much bandwidth to go around. I have a feeling that for mine to get faster someone elses will have to get slower.

Senior Instructor

@superslowhughes

I see one on testmy.net from 9:39:55, with 3.4Mbps as result, which is pretty bad.  Once in a while testmy has a hiccup and won't give you the result page, even if the test ran very well.  It happens most often for me when I perform and upload test.   

I don't really think that it's a capacity (bandwidth) issue, even on your specific beam, though the peak time usage slowdowns definitely make it look that way.  I think it's more a problem with the beam itself, which may be causing the bandwidth of that beam to be far below what it should, and what the ones that aren't affected are.  This is only a guess, but I'm thinking this because of the way it happened, and when it happened.  

True capacity issues take a while to arise, and it's gradual.  What's happened to you and others came on rather quickly, and for those that signed up after it started, right at the beginning of their service.  This, of course, isn't an excuse to try to alleviate the aggravation, nor is it trying to minimize your frustration in any way, shape or form.  I wouldn't be at all happy, either.  I just hope that the engineers can get it fixed soon.  I know that some of the gateway or beam specific things they've done recently can take a little while to make a difference, but I also know that knowing that doesn't make what's going on any better.  

Again, I feel for you and the others who are experiencing this.  I really do hope you have better service soon.    

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Teaching Assistant

Just to echo that it's not a user capacity issue, when these slowdowns occur there isn't the typical and similar slowdown in upload speed or drastic increase in latency.

There is something completely different at play which could range from people using an unhandled streaming protocol, to a bunch of users being infected with particular malicious malware/virii, to routing backlogs from the gateway provider, to a possible system denial of service attack (although possible, not as likely).

Any of these might be causing the sytstem undue processing which would then affect all users on a particular gateway/beam, and each is extremely difficult to track down and eliminate.

But each would also be more noticible under heavier usage times - as a good lot of us is seeing.

Edit: Case in point. Just did ul and dl tests at 7.30 EDT. Download was a choppy 12.02Mbps (ranged between 6.03 and 20.4), but the latency was 350ms and upload was 2.44Mbps.

Sophomore

Still slow getting SLOWER!!!!

slow hughes net 3.jpgslow hughes net 4.jpg

Sophomore

I have had to reload this page 4 times so far because of time outs. So much for the theory that its only slow during primetime week nights. Uploads are still pretty good. Acceptable. But of course downloads at 1/5Mbps according to testmynet and 0.2  Mbps according to Hughes is not exactly usable. Seems one time I got 1841Mbs down. 1/10th of that would be good if it was real.

Now the weekends are unusable. Not sure why they are not bothering to fix this faster.

slow hughes net 5.jpgslow hughes net 6.jpg

New Poster

Hughes net does not deliver on any of the speeds they claim and only come up with excuses for their slow speeds.    I would like to see if there are others that would like to take legal action  against Hughes net since they do not deliver on their claimed services