cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a month of trouble shooting and trying to get my home phone fixed I still have no dial tone.

coldirongunsmit

After a month of trouble shooting and trying to get my home phone fixed I still have no dial tone.

After a month of trouble shooting and trying to get my home phone fixed I still have no dial tone. Who do I need to call to just get a new ATA?
14 REPLIES 14
Tom Hughey
Sophomore

Re: After a month of trouble shooting and trying to get my home phone fixed I still have no dial tone.

It may not be the ata. A new ATA was sent to my neighbor after a week of repair attempts. The new one had the same problem: the power light and the satellite light were on but the phone light was off. It turned out that the phone service contractor that Hughes uses was at fault. They did not have the proper connections in their office. This problem occurred several years after the phone was installed and authorized. Up until that failure, the phone worked without problems. My Hughes phone has worked quite well for three years. Good luck with your problem.
Tom Hughey
Sophomore

Re: After a month of trouble shooting and trying to get my home phone fixed I still have no dial tone.

Here is something to check that might lead to a diagnosis of your problem. In your browser go to the HT1100 System Control Center, (192.168.01). Look for an "i" just to the right of where is says "System Status and System Information". Click on the "i". This will bring up a page called Advanced Configuration and Statistics. On the left side of that page under the heading Advanced Menu click on "General". This will open a menu where you will click on "CGN Config and Stats". One of the lines in this list is SPA122, (if the device is properly connected). On this line of stats does it say "disabled"? If so, the SPA122 is probably not at fault. The fault may be with the phone service provider. Good luck.
Amanda

Hello there

We'll need to take a look at your system to determine if a new ATA is needed or if we can fix it remotely. I'll need to find your account first, though. Do you have a recent case number or the serial number from your HughesNet modem? It will let me find your account and take a look at what needs to be done.

Thanks
Amanda
coldirongunsmit

Thank you very much for all of your help. My previous case number is 53876000
Amanda

Hi coldiron

I found your account and see there was some issues with being able to troubleshoot, so I understand you must be pretty frustrated at this point. Just before I continue, I do see that the ATA is not being picked up in our MAC Address detector (shows us what is connected in your network). Can you confirm if it is hooked up right now or if you've taken it off because it wasn't working?

Also on a side question.. I see you were able to get a dialtone once by dialing **** - how long did that last? 

Thanks
Amanda
coldirongunsmit

Thank you for the quick response and I appreciate you helping me with this problem. It is still connected and we have tried the **** and still no dial tone.

Amanda

My pleasure! That is odd... Just to confirm, you have the ATA plugged right into the back of the modem, then the router plugged into your ATA, right?

Just as an example, this video shows how it should be connected: https://youtu.be/LKEcrXqtsuE?t=38s

It is possible maybe something got rearranged or disconnected by accident. 

Thanks
Amanda
coldirongunsmit

no ma'am everything is hooked up correctly. I tried the **** again and now it asks me for a option which it didn't before.
coldirongunsmit

and the phone 1 light flashes