Hughesnet Community

Again having problems. Definitely a software update.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
t.steven
Sophomore

Again having problems. Definitely a software update.

Alright, I am having the same problem yet again. Since having a problem starting in November. These last 3 months have been rather painful to say the least. (This link to older thread detailing the start of my issue).This is the start of it all.

After long conversation, hours of trouble shooting, with lots of help from the community and other tech support assistance. I was never really at where I should be. However, after numerous attempts. Including a tech home visit to re-align my dish. All signs looked good on Hughesnet's end. I cannot blame them for everything looking good. As it also looks good on my end. 120+ signal strength. Speed, web response and connectivity tests all show good signs. After all that was diagnosed a HT2000w modem was sent to see if the problem would be fixed. After it not solving my problem I had sent it back reverting back to my HT1100. Due to some issue My modem was in a constant update loop and stuck on the old HT1100 Application Software version 3.0.3.19. My modem would constantly re-boot and powercycle every hour without fail.

However, with that being said. My service was running flawlessly. Upload and Download speeds were amazing and back to the way they were for the longest time I can remember. Downside was the 5 minute lul between re-boots every hour. After some correspondence with tech support they were able to finally revert me back to a fully functioning updated software for my HT1100. First 48 hours everthing was great. Modem wasn't re-booting and the speeds were like they should be. Now, on the third day. That being today. I am back to where I started. The problem I describe in the link posted above.

Now, with everything that has happened over the last 3 months. With all the diagnostics and tech support correspondence and communication. I think the problem I am having lies in the modems application software update. My current Application Software Update is 3.4.3.36 currently. Fallback Software is 3.0.3.19. I believe 3.4.3.36 update is the problem. I am no longer able to stream videos again without long periods of buffering. Despite speed tests at Testmy.net looking great Hughesnet speed and web response tests looking great. I am still having an issue, and the Application Software is the only thing, I can find being the root problem. Having experienced so much trouble shooting and running into this problem over the course of the last 3 months. I think this would have been overlooked. There is deffinitely something wonky going on with the modem's software. Because when I was still on version 3.0.3.19 internet performance was amazing as it should have been from the beginning. Despite the hourly re-boot, and 5 minute lul before internet could be used again. No problems what so ever for almost a week before I got it updated a few days ago. But now am back to the current problem I started with. downloads are slow, uploads are slow despite every possible test showing good results. Web Pages time out low res videos no larger than 5MB don't load or fail to load.

I need to find a solution that doesn't involve replacing my modem or upgrading to Gen5 as I don't think those are valid solutions. My modem is fine. I believe the application software to be a serious unstable problem. What ever this issue is. It is severly throttling my services performance.

Forgive the long post. I just wanted to be as thourough as possible. If someone can look into this information I have provided I would be greatly appreciative of any help. I just hope my feedback is taken into well thought consideration. Thank you!

*Edit* Just for added measure. Speed Test - Download/Upload

5 REPLIES 5
t.steven
Sophomore

Still awaiting reply. Any help would be appreciated.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@t.steven

It's possible that your post was missed, but with the reps now tagged they will be sure to see it.  I hope the fix is quick.  🙂  

@Liz

@Amanda

@GabeU

Thanks.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@t.steven

They may already be planning on replying, and I know that it can sometimes take them a couple of days to do so, but I'm going to tag them again just in case, as I'm hoping that they reply to you before the weekend. 

@Liz

@Amanda  

@GabeU

Alrighty, thanks for the assist. Smiley Happy