All data billed against my "Anytime Data"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
curtis-m
Sophomore

All data billed against my "Anytime Data"

During this billing cycle, which ends on about Feb 5th, all my usage is being billed on my "Anytime."

I downloaded about 500mb of stuff this past Friday. At the time, I showed only 436mb of usage on my "Bonus" side. At the same time my "Anytime" data showed 6998mb of usage, which was wrong. After this 500mb download done well before 8:00AM, my "Bonus" shows 519mb used and my "Anytime" shows 9476mb used.

I wasn't even around over the weekend, getting back late Sunday afternoon. And when I leave I turn everything off so there's no chance the modem could have been doing anything.

I live in the Mountain time zone and it appears that Hughes is billing me as if I'm in the Central time zone.

HughesNet, just check the logs for me and put the data where it belongs.

It's 7:25Am here in the Mountain Time zone.

I have the 10gb plan and 7 days left in my billing cycle so because of this error in billing, I only have 524mb left until I start to get throttled. I have more than 9gb of data left on my Bonus side but can't seem to use it.

Edited at 7:41Am Mountain time.
9 REPLIES 9
Liz

Good morning Curtis, 

Thanks for posting, I'd like to address your concerns, so I pulled up your account and sent you some complimentary tokens to cover that unidentified data usage for now. We don't have information on what has used your data in the past, but moving forward you may want to consider isolating the modem if you'll be away for an extended period of time. It's possible there could be a wifi device that might be using data without your knowledge.

If your Anytime data is being used during your normal Bonus period, could you please provide screenshots of your System Control Center (SCC) showing your Anytime Bytes decreasing within the Bonus Period and your PC clock for reference?

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

curtis-m
Sophomore

Liz,

I have been posting this issue on my other thread with screen shots. The status meter would not update on Friday and I left my place around noon. When I left, I turned everything off. Nothing is drawing on my wifi. This is a Hughes screw up.

I will post a screen shot but this is from last Thursday. I took this on Friday before I refreshed the status meter page. The status meter would not update so I couldn't get a second screen shot. This proves nothing. I monitor my usage carefully and when I want to download things, I try to do it before 8;00AM MST, which is what I did last Friday.
curtis-m
Sophomore

Screenshot from just now.
Liz

Thanks. For our data collection purposes, let's stick with the meters shown in the SCC at 192.168.0.1. This page is hosted on your modem and loads fairly quickly compared to having to log into the Support Center.

Since you do use the internet before 8 am your time, please take a screen shot of the data meters in the SCC, and include your system clock for reference, like this:

A starting screenshot taken no later than 7:30 am would be ideal so we can see noticeable data depletion between screenshots. 

Then please take the ending screenshot at 8 am, this way we can see whether the Anytime or Bonus Data were depleted.

If we see from the pre-8am screenshots that Anytime Data decreased, I'll escalate your case to our engineers for their investigation.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

curtis-m
Sophomore

OK. Will get screen shots tomorrow.
Liz

Great! Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz

curtis-m
Sophomore

Thanks for taking care of this issue. Downloaded a 260mb file this morning and it all came off my "Bonus" side. I now have approximately 9gb to use in the last 6 days of my billing cycle.
Liz

Good morning curtis-m,

The file was downloaded before 8 am and it all came off your Bonus Bytes? If so, great, it's working as intended! As far as I know, there were no changes made to your account/system.

I'm sure you've seen us in the community mention GlassWire, but it really is a good way to have a historical look at your data usage on a computer. So if you notice an unexpected spike in usage, you can check GlassWire to see what program is responsible, and if GlassWire shows no spike, you can at least cross that computer off as your culprit.

If ever there's any question about usage coming off the appropriate time period, please follow my initial instructions for screenshots so that I have something to escalate to our engineers.

Thanks,
Liz

curtis-m
Sophomore

It must've been those little Hughes elves working out of some undisclosed secret location.