cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Already through data unsure how

Highlighted

Already through data unsure how

We just got our Hughesnet installed on August 28th. So its been two week. We have been super careful not to use Facebook or Youtube or Netflix (at all) and have been only gong on with our computers. There are only two of us and we don't connect our phones to it either except during to 2-8AM time. So we just don't know how we used so much in just short time. I feel like I was very mislead when purchasing it since I said I mostly need it for going on the internet to do school work and now I can't do that even. We are frustrated since we want it to work but just do not want to be paying $70 a month for something that doesn't work all the time and we only bought this so I don't have to go to coffee shops to do homework, but here I am only two weeks into our first month at a coffee shop posting this since my internet would not even load a page I have to use for homework. I was informed that if we just did internet browsing we would be okay. I was really hoping for a better solution.
I feel like we've tried everything to limit but is there more? I've already tried turning off syncing and all that jazz.
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted

Re: Already through data unsure how

Wrong avenue! I'm trapped as well and need it for work. Can't open web pages for minutes. No streaming whatsoever. Lightning speed my bleep! I still go to coffee shop and I'm on highest plan
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

As I recall suebee68 you didn't follow up with troubleshooting here in the Community.
If its "broke" and you do nothing it will remain broke.
Highlighted

Oh yes I did. And made phone call after phone call. Not that you work for Hughes and would know. You only harm the process with your rudeness. Making Hughes a further detriment.
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

As stated, not here in the Community.
Different venue.
Different corporate level Hughes Mods.
A wealth of practical experience among community members.
I guess you know better however.
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Hi there campbellkli!

If all you're doing is going on the Internet, no streaming video, no social media, no downloading or uploading huge files, then you should be able to get through a whole month easily. So something is amiss. We need to figure out what's going on and how your data is leaking. One of the official reps will post here in the morning and ask you for some information. You may be asked to perform some simple tests to help determine what's happening.

The Champions and some forum regulars are also extremely knowledgeable and will gladly help you too. While I do love a good coffee, I wouldn't want to spend all my time doing homework there either! So let's figure out what's going on so you can brew your coffee at home! :-)
Highlighted

Good morning campbellkelli,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post, we want to address your concerns. Please read the information here and follow the instructions: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/wheres-my-bytes-how-to-test-for-data-leaks

Then you may post your screenshots here in your thread.

Moving forward, you may want to look into using a third-party data monitoring program to help you pinpoint the programs on your PC that use the most data. Community members have suggested and used GlassWire, so feel free to ask them for tips on using it: https://www.glasswire.com

Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

I can't do that since they are resetting my bytes every single day. It always says I have 100% of my data usage. So how am I to do that if I can't see how much I use. I look at my data map thing and can kinda judge from that. Like it says we use over a gig of data in one day and thats maybe 2-3 hours of internet use only.
Highlighted

Good morning campbellkelli,

The daily data resets stop after the first 20 days, afterwards your data will reset monthly on the 28th of each month.

To help you out, I've extended your deadline to cancel without ETF to 10/28/16 so you have more time to evaluate your regular data usage.

Let me know if you have additional concerns.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Thank you very much I do appreciate that. We will see what we are doing. Does unplugging the router and such during the day and at night help at all?
-Kelli