Hughesnet Community

Already through data unsure how

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
campbellkelli

Already through data unsure how

We just got our Hughesnet installed on August 28th. So its been two week. We have been super careful not to use Facebook or Youtube or Netflix (at all) and have been only gong on with our computers. There are only two of us and we don't connect our phones to it either except during to 2-8AM time. So we just don't know how we used so much in just short time. I feel like I was very mislead when purchasing it since I said I mostly need it for going on the internet to do school work and now I can't do that even. We are frustrated since we want it to work but just do not want to be paying $70 a month for something that doesn't work all the time and we only bought this so I don't have to go to coffee shops to do homework, but here I am only two weeks into our first month at a coffee shop posting this since my internet would not even load a page I have to use for homework. I was informed that if we just did internet browsing we would be okay. I was really hoping for a better solution.
I feel like we've tried everything to limit but is there more? I've already tried turning off syncing and all that jazz.
18 REPLIES 18