cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am surprised by posts regarding poor service

Re: Am surprised by posts regarding poor service

Hello maratsade,
This is a great question! Hughes is a leader in many fields. We're noted for being outstanding participants in areas like 4-H & STEM, providing secure solutions for our military and government among many other things. You can read and see more about our involvement, awards and advancements in our Channels Newsletters  http://www.hughes.com/company/newsletters

Thank you,
Amanda
Professor

Thanks, Amanda. Reading the current issue and chuckling at the  name of the Argentinian satellite provider, ARSAT (it's funny if you're English).
Assistant Professor

Arse hat?

What colors do they come in?
Assistant Professor

Poopie brown only. I've lowered myself to potty humor. Thanks Amanda and maratsade! Smiley Happy
Sophomore

Steve,

It's great your service is so good. Most likely it's because your satellite is either newer or not overcrowded or both. Walk a mile in my shoes. It takes at least 30 seconds for me to load a web page. It just spins and spins. I often get "server not found" errors just because it takes so long to load a page. My download speeds are generally around 2Mbps.

I believe there are a lot of people out there who are in my same position but who don't complain because they are casual users and don't try to stream things like Netflix. For them, anything above dial-up is fine. And if you've ever followed a thread from someone who complains about speed or service, you will find that many of threads just die unresolved as the people who initially complained just throw up their hands in frustration and move on.

Best, Curtis

Edit: It took 50 seconds for this to get posted after I hit the "SUBMIT" button.
Distinguished Professor IV

I've had a good experience, too.  I was originally connected in Dec 2004 and upgraded to Gen4 in Feb 2016.  I had a problem years ago and they promptly sent a tech who replaced the radio in my dish.  He was very polite and I was back up and running quickly.  I don't remember the tech who did my original install, but the two techs who came out to perform my Gen4 upgrade and the two techs who connected my folks (one of them being one of the ones who upgraded me to Gen4) were very nice and down to earth guys and did a very good job.  

I'm still waiting on my blue beams, though.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Well Curtis, if I was experiencing what you have described I'd be pretty disappointed too. Sounds like you have a legitimate problem. I'm not gonna try to be technical support but your system needs help. My Gen 4 system was installed about 7 years ago and hasn't been tweaked since. No problems. Live at the end of the grid far from everything way up in a tight canyon high in the mountains and have great service. Your troubles may be with your HN system or with your setup behind the modem. My. Best advise is to run the Hughes Satellite Speed Test five times back to back on a regular basis and if you are using a wireless router make sure it is fairly new and properly configured. Check your signal strength also. Best of luck, Curtis. You should be getting much better service than what you have.

BTW...it took about 3 seconds for the previous comment to post. Again, good luck!
Highlighted

Amanda and maratsade,
After all of these years as a customer I stumbled on the Community for the first time yesterday. Seeing so many unhappy customers prompted me to add my 2 cents worth about how happy I am as a customer. Did not expect any replies and am almost overwhelmed by the activity. Have lived here in the wilderness for 23 years and went from (ugh) dial-up to 2-way with Direcway I believe in 1999. What a difference! Certainly there is a different reason for most of the unhappy customers. Some need help from Customer Support and some have problems with their personal setup. I do feel for all of them, particularly Curtis. See his post below. He needs some help. OK. I'm going to try to back out of this gracefully and wish the best for all.
Steve