Amazon Issue - Occasionally Not Loading or Not Loading Correctly

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Amazon Issue - Occasionally Not Loading or Not Loading Correctly

I'm getting so tired of this, and I wish I could figure out why it's happening. I believe it has something to do with the TLS Handshake, as I can see that indication when trying with Firefox.  I also suspect that it may not only be a HughesNet problem, as in something may be happening with the Amazon site that causes HughesNet to go a little haywire with it, even though it doesn't seem to have the same affect when using other ISPs, including my TracFone.  

I've tried various DNS servers  I've tried turning of IPv6 altogether. I've tried disabling Web Acceleration.  I've tried flushing the DNS cache.  I've tried deleting the browser caches.  I've tried it on two different computers, one LAN and one WiFi, and I've tried it on my phone via WiFi (no problem with the phone when using its own connection).  I've also tried the various DNS servers in the modem's GUI.  I've power cycled the modem.  I give up.  All of a sudden it will just work, then, at any given time, it will fail again.   

Sometimes, after it finally works, the pictures and/or links on the site won't load properly.  

Chrome Failure...

Amazon Failure - ChromeAmazon Failure - Chrome

Firefox.  Attempting TLS handshake.  It will stay this way for at least 30 seconds...

Amazon TLS Handshake Attempt - FirefoxAmazon TLS Handshake Attempt - Firefox

Firefox Failure...

Amazon Failure - FirefoxAmazon Failure - Firefox 

14 REPLIES 14