Amazon Prime

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRL
New Poster

Amazon Prime

Okay, can someone please bottom line this for me?
I am using Hughes net at my home with the wireless router they provided. I have an LG blue ray player with roku type apps including Amazon Prime. When I watch something on Amazon Prime is tells me I don't have enough bandwidth. Buffers every 10 seconds or less. Can I do anything so I can use Amazon Prime or is it just not going to work? Thanks! SRL
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Have you tried turning off or pausing the Video Data Saver?

Yes. It did not seem to help. It was about 8 to 10 pm when I was trying to watch an episode on HBO. Could be congestion. I just don't know what else to try. But I can't watch anything on Amazon (any channel, movie, etc...) without the bandwidth issue. Seems like a waste.
MarkJFine
Professor

Unsure if what @maratsade suggests will help, but there have been some reported issues when using anything on the Amazon Technology backbone, especially if it involves a secure connection/authentication to Amazon Web Services.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

I personally am not finding any issues myself, but I use the Amazon Prime website directly (not through apps on a TV or player), and it works well unless there's a lot of congestion (typically in the evenings or weekends).  I thought maybe since this is going through apps on a player, perhaps disabling the VDS might improve things for the OP. 

Could be, but you know I already have AWS trust issues. Think the TLS problem is also still in-work.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Oh, absolutely, and I know you have scads of experience on these topics, so I defer to you. 🙂

@MarkJFine wrote:

Could be, but you know I already have AWS trust issues. Think the TLS problem is also still in-work.