Amazon streaming on Roku Gen 5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wileyfarmers
New Poster

Amazon streaming on Roku Gen 5

New to HughesNet, former CenturyLink customer. Anyone found a work around for streaming Amazon? We have a Roku 2 XS and can stream Netflix without any problem, but with Amazon we have rebuffering every 20 seconds. It is impossible to watch anything! We use Amazon video primarily, so this hurts!

We are in a rural area, but not too remote.

7 REPLIES 7
diannaolive74
New Poster

We have same problem. And seems it takes all our data and just buffer. Doesn't. Buffer in amazon prime movies at all.

Wow! We have problems with both movie and tv shows!

Ours will not stream amazon or netflix!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Wileyfarmers

Don't know if it will make any difference, but have you tried it with the Video Data Saver turned off (or paused for four hours)?  

What is Video Data Saver?

Thanks for the suggestion! Yes, I tried that. No luck. Called in to Customer Service before Christmas and haven't heard back. Wondering if it is the Roku model?

ElioR
New Poster

Users.

Not only streaming problems using Amazon. Same results with Netflix and other app. New with this service and I am disappointed.

In Collierville, TN. real bad.

@Wileyfarmers I have had issues with Amazon also.

It's recommended you have a consistant download speed above 1.5 Mbps-2Mbps, the Network settings on the Roku should report "Good" or better and try using Google DNS (8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4) in your modems wifi settings.

Another option is to think about what you want to watch a day ahead of time and pre- record during the "Bonus Period".

I'm no expert on this but the above has helped me at times and I hope it helps you.