Hughesnet Community

An alternative developing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdhobbs

An alternative developing

Have you encountered this from any of the reps or quasi-professional groupies at this site?

"So we can confirm that there is no gaming system in the house, streaming devices, cellphones, or Smart TVs, etc. No one is listening to music, there are no clouds, birds, swarms of insects or planes in the sky? Anything besides a web browser and email program being used that you can think of?” 

Does it induce you to ask yourself, "what am I paying for"? You have limited, marginal internet service, provided you use only the bare essentials or utilize the subscription at bizarre times of the day! Our electronic communication devices may have fantastic capabilities but they cannot be utilized with HughesNet without penalty or excessive data use! HughesNet is charging a major premium for very meager service and even then, we must invest obscene amounts of time wading through the comedic technical support Twilight Zone!   

Take heart, there are better, more cost effective alternatives being developed. If you have access to a new Florida based company called, Wi-Power, soon to be nationwide, give them a hard look. They are just now establishing service for first responders, law enforcement and military in the Rockies but based upon what we’re hearing from a number of existing subscribed law enforcement agencies in extremely rural areas, their service is far superior, much less costly and not nearly as restrictive or problematic as HughesNet or Excede! 

We are told service to our immediate area is probably 3 to 5 months out but the savings and lack of technical issues is reportedly profoundly better than with either of the existing satellite providers.

For so many of us, jaded with the interminable excuses and pathetic performance of Hughes and others, this “may" well be a good alternative. I am not selling nor promoting Wi-Power, simply sharing the availability of an alternative ISP with other dissatisfied HughesNet customers. It could be well worth your time to look into availability in your area. 

Best of luck! 
58 REPLIES 58
mdhobbs

You are pitiful. Making this up as you go? Your facts reek of the same gaseous substance as the stuff your attempting to smear here. Maybe you should get a puppy. 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

" Anyone care what you think"

Yes, I do.

mdhobbs

LOL....but of course!!! The Moron Mutual Admiration Society!!! Eureka!!!! It yet exists! 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

." Maybe you should get a puppy"

I have Puppies:

Meet Tara & Tessa.

mdhobbs

The one facing away certainly reminds me of you.......at least that portion directly beneath the tail............
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

That will be Tara,

She really has excellent manners. Much better that some folks I have dealt with.

mdhobbs

Why would HughesNet represent contact knowing its a lie? 

Hello Karen,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I see from your account you are set up for a call from our advanced technical support group today. Though I am unfamiliar with the details of your case, I can take some time today and research your accounts notes and past diagnostics. I would especially like to see what the technical group finds while on the call with you today, so please do let me know when that has happened. We can definitely help you to find the cause.”

Who’d a thought it, moron? Could that be taken as a “representation”? Really? 
mdhobbs

Maybe we can introduce your puppy to my kitty.....
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Please take note that the call would have been from "advanced technical support", not to be confused with "Engineering".

Reading is fundamental, comprehension is obviously something else.

mdhobbs

Or my bear.......
mdhobbs

Either way, it was a lie.......bottom line, bozo.

A bit more of that conversation you claim does not happen...."Engineering tried to call me today but I was outside splitting wood and did not hear the phone. When I called back, Tier 1 tech support let me know that I can expect to hear from Engineering between 3 and 4 p.m. my time (Pacific Time) tomorrow, so I will arrange to be by the phone then. It is very, very helpful for me to know when to expect the call.”

What do intend to accuse this customer of? Either you are just plain stupid or your pitiful ego prohibits you from acknowledging fact....... 

mdhobbs

Alas, your submarginal intellect has grown boring. Bye
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

My abusiveness is the result of being repeatedly lied to (still awaiting that phone call from the mythical engineers) or having my intelligence insulted by those such as yourself. Nothing more.

You were abusive practically from minute one, so your excuse doesn't hold water.  It's become plainly apparent to anyone familiar with you that you are simply an abrasive person, hell bent on trying to make yourself out to be above everyone in this community.  When you disagree with a reply, you don't simply disagree with it, you try to do everything you can to put the person down who wrote it, whether actually deserved or not. 

All of the discussions which end up in your back and forth with numerous people have one common denominator...you.  That should tell you something.  

Now, of course, you'll reply with some attempt at putting me down, and that's fine.  Myself, and just about everyone else, is used to it from you, so it means nothing.

It's truly too bad that you spit on everyone that has tried to help you because you don't like the answers.   

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

My abusiveness is the result of being repeatedly lied to (still awaiting that phone call from the mythical engineers) or having my intelligence insulted by those such as yourself. Nothing more.

You were abusive practically from minute one, so your excuse doesn't hold water.  It's become plainly apparent to anyone familiar with you that you are simply an abrasive person, hell bent on trying to make yourself out to be above everyone in this community.  When you disagree with a reply, you don't simply disagree with it, you try to do everything you can to put the person down who wrote it, whether actually deserved or not. 

All of the discussions which end up in your back and forth with numerous people have one common denominator...you.  That should tell you something.  

Now, of course, you'll reply with some attempt at putting me down, and that's fine.  Myself, and just about everyone else, is used to it from you, so it means nothing.

It's truly too bad that you spit on everyone that has tried to help you because you don't like the answers.