cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

And The Beat Goes On

And The Beat Goes On

Last month I spent days discussing my problems on this comment line, with HughesNet customer service representatives and finally with corporate representatives. Briefly, I started service in July, 2014. In January of this year I noted that I was being overcharged for my HughesNet service. Upon contacting HughesNet I was told that this was due to tacked on charges I never requested, including a phone service (again that I never requested or received) that was added to my bill in January of this year. Nobody really had much of an explanation other than to conveniently blame the original salesperson. After many frustrating conversations, I thought I had eventually resolved the issues with a conversation with Roderick in corporate. That euphoria lasted less than a month, until I checked the billing to my credit card for last month. To explain, last month's resolution resulted in a $93 refund to my account and an upgrade to Prime, leaving me with a monthly charge of something less than $60. Well checking last months charges to my credit card I note, low and behold, a bill from HughesNet for $68. This did not make any sense from 2 perspectives: one my monthly bill was supposed to be only around $60, and secondly I had a $93 credit. So I once again contacted the HughesNet customer service department, talked to David (of course no last names--except mine) and was told that the bill was really ~$248: ~$60 for monthly service + $120 service cancellation charge - $93 credit. I went on to, as calmly as my blood pressure would permit, explain the fiasco that lead to the complimentary service 'change'. He claims he recognizes the problem and make the corrections. Unfortunately, multiple past experiences with HughesNet has taught me not to believe much of what they claim.     In thinking about this continued fiasco, I reflect back on some of my final comments to Katie, "I guess the 2 problems I have with respect to this fiasco are that it occurred in the first place and that it took so much effort on my part to get it resolved." One would think with all the hassle I caused and all the hassle I had to go through last month that someone in this company would make sure that they got it right. Doesn't anyone talk to anyone else in this company until some crisis arrives. I mean, Hughes Corporation is gigantic and HughesNet may be only a small insignificant component of it, but have some pride, because your next HughesNet customer may turn out to be someone more important than me.   
10 REPLIES 10

Re: And The Beat Goes On

Daniel, in this forum we try to help as this is a community based forum so we the community can do nothing until A Hughes-Net  Rep comes in    9  till  5  Eastern time   save you a lot of time in talking in this forum than trying to get right yourself  one of or reps here will guide you and save you a lot of hassles , i'm not Hughes-Net just part of their forum to help others , so that's the best i can do for you , but you are in the right spot to get answers , well i'm off to bed ,i hope and you have a pleasant night also , and sorry i could not help you more . !!!!
Assistant Professor

Jezra, I guess you missed the SCOTUS memo, corporations are people too. (LOL)
Assistant Professor

They did Ma Bell but it appears those days are gone.

yea Ma Bell  a giant , but if you remember when the gov. got involved     3 months later  you were paying 14 percent more and over the first 5 years prices had doubled and still goiing untill cell phones came in and never figured how they survived, but they did  and now after thirty years , it finally come back done to earth !!   and sat. will to just waiting thirty more years ,  LOL !!!!!!!

Christopher, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I do not require a mediator nor guidance in this matter. The water has already passed under the bridge. This forum is not relegated to providing just answers to technical issues that arise with respect to HughesNet equipment and service (it has yet to do that for me), but also serves as a forum for defining the inadequacies of this HughesNet equipment and service. I would be more than happy to sing HughesNet praises if only I could find some to sing. I tend to side with Jezra on this one. Companies like HughesNet do not listen to a single voice, so the only way they will improve is through mass criticism and competition. Some may feel that "if you can't be part of the solution don't be part of the problem", but I feel this aphorism does not necessarily apply to large companies. Being part of the problem is sometimes the only avenue to the solution. 

you may have a point there !!!

And ,Daniel you are right and i've had issues, but was saying , as well this forum helped in getting my issues fixed , so i was saying ,i'm satisfied, does not mean i can speak for anyone else!! and addressing issues , that reason we are here  and we are in America , and not where we can not say bad is bad  and did not mean for you to interpret , my comments as being  nothing more than a comment    and sorry i even took the time out to inform you of the time Hughes-Net opens,, and as some folks do not know , thought i was helping,   and you have a very good day !!!
Alum

Daniel,

Thanks for your post. We are sorry for the misunderstanding here, but allow me to explain.

We went ahead and verified that the charge was from your January bill, which the adjustment was made did not make the billing until February (which you will be seeing in March).

Because of the incident being resolved, which was on the 14th of Jan, you will not see the updated account adjustment until your following bill.

You current bill that was adjusted by Roderick and Daniel have been applied. Sorry for the confusion.

We appreciate your feedback and concern, as we do follow up in cases like this to ensure that we avoid repeating issues with any of our HughesNet customers.

Your patience and cooperation is definitely appreciated!
Please let us know if there is any other additional questions or concerns you may have.

Thanks.
- Warren
Highlighted

Dear Warren,

Thank you for the reply. Although I don't understand much of anything you said in this email (and I have 3 advanced degrees from some fairly prestigious institutions) I can add and subtract, so I will simply monitor my credit card statements and determine for myself whether or not I am being lead down another HughesNet side road. Just one last question. Does the "Adjustment Bankruptcy Notification" in the above document apply to me or HughesNet? If me I think I need to check my bank account again, and if HughesNet I think these discussions might be superfluous.  Thanks again for your time.