cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Customer With Slow ( Turtle) Net

Freshman

Re: Another Customer With Slow ( Turtle) Net

No the modem is out in the open so to speak by a window. Our house temp stays at 70. I have been watching a lot of Netflix lately, but not while the test was performing. would you suggest upgrading my data?

Assistant Professor

I'm really not in a position to recommend you upgrade your data or not, that's really up to you.

If it were me, I'd find a way to manage what I had and then only upgrade if it were necessary. Just know that streaming will eat a lot of data, so it's best to try to keep resolutions down to like 360p or so.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor III

@jjblugrassy

Regarding the heat issue, is it possibly dusty where the modem is?  If so, might you have some keyboard duster or a vacuum that has the ability to discharge so you could blow out the modem through the ventilation holes?  Be careful, though, of course, if you use a vacuum, as that's a lot of force.  

It's doubtful that's the problem, as it would need to be a noticeably dusty area for it to be affected in seven months, but you never know.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

'by a window' - doubt the sun was beating down on it at no later than 6 in the morning... certainly a puzzle.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.