Hughesnet Community

Another unhappy custoner about data usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JennyJewell

Another unhappy custoner about data usage

I feel like most the posts have the same complaints... I was not told about data resetting each day for the "20 days" after the 20 days when my data slowed I called and customer service suggested I switch from the 20MB plan to 30 MB so I would have enough to last a whole month without worries. He didn't mention the resetting data at that point either. I told him how I purchased tokens that never gave me highspeed data, so he gave me tokens to replace them. I was a happy customer, until my new month of data started and I have no idea how data was disappearing so fast. I called customer service again and even though there was a language barrier she was courteous. She told me my router was not properly working credited my account and sent a new router, I had internet just VERY slow service. The new router came in and would not install properly after being plugged in 24hrs. I call customer service AGAIN they test a few things and say I need a service call. That was the 10th someone finally came today (14th) and he said nothing was wrong with my original router said my account wasnt fully setup he fixed that and said I should have GREAT service but I was out of highspeed data (30 MB plan plus 50 MB of tokens?!?!) I purchased more tokens today to see if it would work....nope more money wasted since it still is slow, nothing like it was the first month.
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JennyJewell 

I suggest posting in the tech support section so you can begin the process of figuring out what is burning through your data so quickly.  When you run out of data you are subject to the Fair Access Policy, at which time your service speed is throttled.  Purchasing data tokens will remove the throttling, but only for as long as the data tokens last.  

The 20 days of data resets are discussed in the Welcome Email sent by HughesNet.  They are a courtesy, to allow customers to update or upgrade their devices without using their regular data, as doing those things can use a lot of data.  If your service was fine during those twenty days, it suggests that your main issue is using your data too quickly and having your service speed throttled as a result.

In the meantime, these two posts may help...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"I feel like most the posts have the same complaints... "

Yes, because it's a tech support site, so people come here to get a solution to a tech issue. There are only so many issues that may affect the the system, so those subscribers who post here will usually only fall into two or three categories. 

People who have no issues with the system typically don't come here to post that everything is hunky dory.  

In any case, you seem to have some issues, and it's likely people here can help you with them -- you should follow Gabe's advice so you can begin finding solutions to your issues. 

JennyJewell wrote:
I feel like most the posts have the same complaints...
Liz

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!