cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anti-Encription Bill Released?

Pawnee County

Anti-Encription Bill Released?

The United States anti-encryption bill will kill your Privacy.

In the wake of the Apple vs. FBI case, two leading Intelligence Committee Senators have introduced an anti-encryption bill that would effectively ban strong encryption.

Senators Richard Burr (R-NC) and Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) released the official version of their bill today in response to concerns that criminals and terrorists are increasingly using encrypted devices to hide their plans and plots from authorities.

As its name suggests, the Compliance with Court Orders Act of 2016 [PDF] would require people and technology firms like Apple and Google to comply with court orders to decrypt phones and its data.

http://thehackernews.com/2016/04/anti-encryption-bill.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed...
7 REPLIES 7
Amanda

Re: Anti-Encription Bill Released?

I may be one of the few who wouldn't mind the government checking out my browser history (mostly cats and recipes) in return for catching the bad guys & their buddies.

Amanda
Pawnee County

If they look at mine they will get lots of News and learn a bunch about Automobile Repair along with lots of song lyric I use in my show.  There may be some copyright problems ut oh.  Disregard the song lyrics please.
Pawnee County

I agree on the bad guys and gals (aka Jihad's)  they need to be got and hung as far as I am concerned.
Mordacious

No No NO!

I can't have anyone seeing my plans to overthrow  Pizza Hut. Those plans are eyes only for my pizza sauce assassins.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I have nothing to hide, so it doesn't bother me if the gov wants to look at my computer, but I can understand other peoples' trepidation  .  The question is, will they keep it to just that, or will it turn into a J Edgar Hooveresque scenario where they are running away with any and every bit of info and using it for purposes other than what's stated.  It's a slippery slope, but it doesn't personally bother me.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Pawnee County

Only thing is if Apple had of helped the FBI with the I-Phone stuff like this wouldn't be attempted.  I don't trust the Government to do anything without being kinda suspicious.  They can use information gained from most peoples PC's to circumvent search and seizure laws.  Not that it will affect me any but it is more power for the Federalist.    
Scorpion51

It won't be long before you are required to leave the bathroom door open. Don't let FEAR change the principles our country was founded upon.