cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any DNS Server problems on Gen4 Beam 19 (Northern California) this week?

Advanced Tutor

Any DNS Server problems on Gen4 Beam 19 (Northern California) this week?

I have heard from four customers within the last two days, all saying they're having similar problems getting to certain web sites. The problems sound similar to DNS errors; the browser just hangs with a blank page, or "Page cannot be found" error.

I'm on hold with HN tech support at the moment with, "an expected wait time of five minutes."

The recording has been saying the same thing now for eleven minutes, so I thought I would check in here on the Forums to see if anyone else is experiencing similar issues on Beam 19 (Northern California Gen4), or if the Mods have received a tech advisory.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
45 REPLIES 45
Advanced Tutor

Re: Any DNS Server problems on Gen4 Beam 19 (Northern California) this week?

Oops! "expected wait time now ten minutes." Smiley Happy

Hello Alan,

We have not had any official reports, however if they are having trouble with particular types of websites (secure, government, school), it would be best to know that kind of information. In addition, which I am sure you've covered with them, is ensuring they have done basic troubleshooting such as clearing cache and cookies, rebooting devices and directly connecting to the modem. If you can compile these customers and e-mail them to us at communitysupport@hughes.com, we'll be more than happy to investigate and open a ticket here.

Thank you,
Amanda
Advanced Tutor

OK, Camillo just picked up. He's checking...
Advanced Tutor

OK, will do, So far, I'm hearing problems getting to Facebook, BevMo, and Google Search results. Will see if I can get some more specifics.

Client FSOs include 4117997, 6135751, 6059817 
Advanced Tutor

No reports from the NOC.

I've been experiencing intermittent outages for the last two days (as of 4/30) Some websites are accessible -- in particular, Google and Sutterhealth.org. FWIW, modem is rebooted every day.
Assistant Professor

Geoffrey, would be better to list some sites that aren't accessible.

Hey Alan

I had the same thing tring to get onto the myhealthevet.va.gov  site yesterday and have saw it on other sites from time to time.  It seemed to start about a week or two ago.  I am on Gen4 Beam 4 Gateway 12.

Amanda

I have had problems on most all VA sites for about two weeks have to try multiple times to get in then if I change pages it may work or may not.  Example I went onto the VA Healthcare site to check on my future appointments it took several tries before I got in.  After I did get in when I went from the home page to the appointment page and got server error and had to start from scratch.  I finally did get in when I switched from Firefox to Chrome but Chrome them back to Firefox.