Hughesnet Community

Anybody else on beam 51 seeing slow speeds?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver
Sophomore

Anybody else on beam 51 seeing slow speeds?

I"ve been experiencing slow speeds on beam 51 for several weeks. 

17 REPLIES 17
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

It's pretty much a system wide thing tonight... Everyone I know on several different beams are reporting horrible speeds... Even I am seeing some craptacular speeds tonight.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Beam 51 here, and though the considerable slowdown tonight is somewhat expected, I, too, have noticed that the peak usage slowdowns are becoming much more pronounced as of late.  For the last month or so it's been quite low at tmes, though because I don't stream it hasn't been all that noticeable.    

Tonight...

FDPRQ2dLj.png 

Previous (16th, 18th & 23rd)...

12-16.png12-18.png12-23.png 

With this said, it isn't always this bad, and I do get some higher speeds, too.  I think I'm going to start testing on a more regular basis in the evenings, though.  

Edit:  @Oliver, if you would like to start keeping a tally of your speeds for troubleshooting purposes, you should create an account at testmy.net and run the tests while signed into that account.  Also, make sure to use the manual 25MB test size (no auto tests) and run the tests with a single device connected directly to the modem with a LAN cable.  You should also disable the WiFi in the HT2000W while performing the speed tests.  If you don't know how to do that, the instructions for doing so are in the section titled, "How do I manage my built-in Wi-Fi modem?" in this PDF.  If you're running the tests for your own knowledge, you don't need to do any of this (though you should still use the 25MB test size), but if you would like the reps to look at the problem they'll need the tests run in this way.  

Well i did some more tests. Here are the results. Hope there is some solution as this is pretty much unaccepable.

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=12252017&x=10&l=25&q=Oliver1

I've done some more test. Here are the results. It takes a considerable amout of time using 3 or 6 meg test, can't imagine how long the requested 25 meg file woul take.

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=12262017&x=10&l=25&q=Oliver1

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

That is seriously bad, however I'm still on the Gen4 satellite and plan.

RqHaCeYJL

GabeU

z47wnivho.png

Would it be possible for Hughesnet to respond to my post? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bumping this up to see if Hughesnet will reply

GabeU

@Oliver

If you would like to receive some help with this issue please run some tests using the protocol laid out in my above post. 

Bumping this up again

GabeU

@Oliver

I don't know if tagging the reps on the side notifies them of your reply, so I will also tag them in this reply.  🙂

@Liz

@Amanda

Keep in mind that the reps aren't on during the weekends, so the earliest you'll hear from one is Monday, when they see this, though it can take them a day or two to reply.  

With this said, I should have tagged them previously.  😞 

GabU, Thanks for tagging this for me.

GabeU

@Oliver wrote:

GabU, Thanks for tagging this for me.

You're very welcome.  🙂 

Good morning Oliver,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Tuesday, Jan 30, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #109153247 if you need to reschedule.

Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Well the Tech was out and adjusted the dish. Hope this keeps up. Thanks Liz!

Speed Test Result

GabeU

@Oliver wrote:

Well the Tech was out and adjusted the dish. Hope this keeps up. Thanks Liz!

Speed Test Result

giphy.gif

Glad to have helped, Oliver. Thanks for coming back with the update!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!