cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else not able to access email? Ive been unable for a week...

Re: Anyone else not able to access email? Ive been unable for a week...

Good morning rexroden,

I made an adjustment to your account so that you may be able to access your e-mail, but it will take time to propogate in our system. It should definitely be synced by tomorrow, but I'll also check later in the afternoon if your e-mail accounts are active again sooner.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

@Liz wrote:

Good morning Anthony,

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page, I'll send you a PM to further address your concerns.

NO! NO! NO! OMG I about lost it Liz. I about freaked when I couldnt log in a few minutes ago, then had to do a password reset! the ak.xxxxx account is my only way to access the (gen4) account and this forum. The account I need fixed is a.xxxxx account. a.xxxxx is the original account on the original SAN#. I dont care which SAN you want to attach it to. That is your world. I just need it to work in mine. ak.xxxxx is basically a dummy account that I had to use when HN screwed account up during the Gen4 upgrade. BUT DO NOT DELETE IT OR CHANGE ITS PASSWORD.

Again, I use and all my contacts use the a.xxxxx account. Its the one I need fixed. I keep explaining this and its like everyone doesnt understand. Its been over a week now...

@GabeU wrote:

Not to be pedantic, but no one is actually paying for their HughesNet email.  It's a free extra that comes with the internet service.  

It's wise for HughesNet customers to have a backup email from one of the major free services, like Google, Yahoo or Outlook (Microsoft) or whoever you like.  Or, even use the HughesNet email as the backup, and the other as your primary.  Keep in mind that, if you ever move on from HughesNet, you lose your HughesNet email.  

This is not at all an excuse or in any way an attempt to dismiss the frustration of those dealing with the email issue, which I have no doubt is not only extremely irritating, but may actually be causing genuine problems.  I very much hope that the issue is fixed soon so that everyone can once again access what they need.

I hope you work for Hughesnet; If you don't you should. Please realize that nothing in life is free, other than air. You can slice it anyway you want it, but for $70 a month I am paying for x # email accounts, alloted data, and service. When these dont work as stated in the agreement, customers get disgruntled. I have been with HN since 2011 and had no intentions of leaving for another service. There shouldn't be any reason to have a duplicate or backup email on a free server when your using a paid one. Everything ***should*** be secure and backed up on Hughes' system and retrievable after a glitch in their system. It's not that things shouldn't happen. It's how prepared you are to handle them when they arise. After 4-5 phone calls and back and to on forum I would think it would be fixed. If you dont have a problem with any of this, I dont even know why you're chiming in.

Thanks for the clarifiation Anthony. I did see that account associated to your current SAN on the email side, but for some reason it's not showing up as manageable in the support center. I'll escalate and have our folks see what happened.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Distinguished Professor IV

@DisgruntledUser 

I only meant in the contractual, legal sense.  Not what someone may consider to be a part of what they're paying for.

And I agree with you in that it should work properly.  What HughesNet offers, whether it's a freebie or something contractually included, it should work properly, and they've been working on it to make it so.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi Anthony,

I'm seeing it on my end now, can you please confirm you can access that e-mail account?

Thanks,
Liz

@Liz wrote:

Hi Anthony,

I'm seeing it on my end now, can you please confirm you can access that e-mail account?

Yes @Liz I finally am able to login to the email server again under the proper account. ( and its under the current SAN) Its a shame I wasted a week with phone support, I suppose I should have came to the help forum first. I appreciate the help. Wow my inbox is full of spam after 10 days! (Yes I have filters on, thats a battle for another day) Thanks again-

Highlighted

Wonderful, good to hear that. The community is here to help, so feel free to drop by any time.

Thanks,
Liz