cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jb1985
Freshman

Anytime Data Seems to have disappeared into thin air and now state code 12.7.2

Hello,

My anytime data reset last week. On the same day, 15 GBs of it seems to have disappeared into thin air. Even though nobody was home most of the day and my electronics are set to not update. The connection was also incredibly slow that day. Now, my connection keeps going out. The modem says state code 12.7.2 whenever it happens.

Please help!
13 REPLIES 13
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Jb1985,

Regarding the data disappearing, the following thread may help....  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

Do you have a satellite TV receiver connected to your service, by chance?  

As for the state code, it indicates a connection issue, though connection issues can be caused by a few different things.  The reps will most likely want to run some remote diagnostics to check out your equipment.   

Out of curiosity, what is your IP Gateway Associate State string on the following page?  http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status  It will start with either J1 or J2.  This will help to establish where your gateway is, as inclement weather at your gateway can cause connection issues in the same way as inclement weather at your own location.  

No satellite receiver connect and it starts with J2.
GabeU

@Jb1985 wrote:
No satellite receiver connect and it starts with J2.

Okay, what is the string starting with the J2?

BTW, your IPGW string doesn't contain any personal info.  It only contains your gateway, beam and what gateway node you are presently connected to.  So, if you are nervous about posting it you don't need to be (some people get a little nervous about posting info like this).  The only HughesNet related thing you should never post on a public site, besides your personal info, is your account number, which is the number that starts with DSS.     

J2SLC097HNSIGW0101
GabeU

@Jb1985 wrote:
J2SLC097HNSIGW0101

Your gateway is in Salt Lake City, Utah (the SLC).  And, though your issue seems to have been caused by something else, knowing where you gateway is can be beneficial for you in the future, as if you have a temporary issue, but you have clear weather where you are, you can check to see if there is any bad weather around Salt Lake City that could be causing it.  Again, though, it appears that weather is/was not the cause of your issue.  

I hope it's working well for you now.   

Everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks.

Good morning Jb1985,

Thank you for the confirmation, glad to hear things are back to normal! Please don't hesitate to reach out to the community again if you have other concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

A 12.7.2 means the gateway is having trouble seeing you. It could mean a configuration setting is wrong, a possible power problem, or the alignment is off.

Pretty sure one of the admins (@Amanda or @Liz) can help determine with remote diagnostics and either fix it then, or have a tech sent out, if needed.

Would be helpful to know if the modem is plugged into an electrical circuit meant for lights, and not shared by heavy duty things like refrigerators, clothes washers, air conditioners, and the like; and is plugged directly into the wall without the use of a power strip or other surge protector.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I suspect there was an outage last night... Heard a few others had 12.7.2 pop up last night on J2...

EDIT:  Please try removing power from your modem for ~10 minutes by unplugging it from the wall, then power it up.  That should help clear the particular error you are seeing.

EDIT2: If it keeps going back to 12.7.2, then don't worry about rebooting your modem, let it collect logs so that the moderators have some diagnostics data.  12.7.2 should "heal" on its own in most cases.

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

I suspect there was an outage last night... Heard a few others had 12.7.2 pop up last night on J2...

See what happens when I don't pay attention?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

It’s still giving that error this morning. It will work fine for about 10 minutes and then it will give that error for around 10 minutes.

The modem is plugged directly into the wall and isn’t sharing an outlet with any large appliances.

Good morning Jb1985,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I do see reports of service degradation on your beam (97) this morning, but at this point, it should be back to normal now. Please let me know how it is.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!