cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anytime Data being used during Bonus Data time

New Poster

Anytime Data being used during Bonus Data time

Why is my Anytime Data being used while I am on Bonus Data time? Went from 21 to 18 in my bonus time use. And the bonus data is going down also. So you never really get bonus time?.

This is my 2nd month with Hughs. 1st month my data lasted all month long. 2nd month my data is almost gone in 10 days. Seems like it is so you keep buying tokens or up your plan to pay more like a never ending cycle of always having to pay more and more. 

I disconnet my devices from wifi / internet when not in use. It is only me with a laptop and cell phone.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Professor

Re: Anytime Data being used during Bonus Data time

Your bonus data is separate from your anytime data, and they do not overlap.  When you're in the bonus time zone, only bonus data is being used.

Bonus doesn't mean unlimited. You get 50GB of bonus data to use during the times when it is active (2 am to 8 am local time), and while using it, the amount decreases.

As a courtesy, HughesNet provides a new subscriber with unlimited data during the first 20 days of a new account.  After that, the data will decrease with use.

If your data is almost gone in 10 days, you need to budget your data better.  Remember the amount of data you get is limited, and must be rationed a bit so it will last. HugheseNet provides you with the data, but how to use it is up to you. 

If data is being used, this is because something in your home is using it. 

These two articles may help you understand how data is used:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

mjob66 wrote:

Why is my Anytime Data being used while I am on Bonus Data time? Went from 21 to 18 in my bonus time use. And the bonus data is going down also. So you never really get bonus time?.

This is my 2nd month with Hughs. 1st month my data lasted all month long. 2nd month my data is almost gone in 10 days. Seems like it is so you keep buying tokens or up your plan to pay more like a never ending cycle of always having to pay more and more. 

I disconnet my devices from wifi / internet when not in use. It is only me with a laptop and cell phone.

New Poster

My Anytime Data decreased this morning during bonus data time. I check my data each time I am online, I monitor my data. It will be cheaper for me to use my Verizon cell phone as a Mobile Hotspot and receive unlimited data than to use hughsnet data. I can stream without buffering. 

Professor

Who you use as your ISP is your choice. If HughesNet doesn't work for you, you can always go with someone else.

The HughesNet staff on this site will need evidence of your claim that Anytime data is being used during Bonus time.  Follow the instructions on the graphic provided here:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Understanding-data-usage-data-loss-and-connection-pa...  (the graphic is titled "Data Usage Troubleshooting."). 

Distinguished Professor III

@mjob66 

Your Anytime/Service Plan data should only be used during the Bonus Zone time period after you've exhausted your Bonus Data.  

The data is used as in the following explanation, with the subsequent data bank kicking in after the former has been exhausted...

8AM to 2AM:  Anytime Data > Token Data > FAP (throttled)

2AM to 8AM:  Bonus Data > Anytime Data > Token Data > FAP (throttled)

As an addendum to what maratsade has already instructed, and because the reps will need to see evidence of both data banks being drawn from during the Bonus Zone time period (2AM to 8AM), it would be a good to get a snapshot of your data, along with your device's clock, and then again do the same after a period of time to show the data that's been used since the first snapshot.  Then post both snapshots into a reply.  This way, they will be able to see if both data banks have been drawn from during that time.  To give you an idea of what I mean, the pics should be similar to this, with the data and system clock showing, though with yours they would be from sometime between 2AM and 8AM, of course...

Capture.JPG

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi mjob66,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->