Anytime and Bonus Bytes Just Increased :o

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monicakm
Senior

Anytime and Bonus Bytes Just Increased :o

Has this happened to anyone else?  I was down to about 3GB with a littlel over 3 days to go before the month was up and today I'm at 7.5GB.  Bonus Bytes were around 63% and now at 79% 

14 REPLIES 14
alfresco
Senior

I'm pretty sure it was Gigi the computer Fairy.-1.jpeg

@alfrescowrote:

I'm pretty sure it was Gigi the computer Fairy.

Well bless Gigi's heart 🙂  Wasn't that nice of her!  

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

That's weird.  The only time I ever saw anything similar to that was when they gave those affected by the Jan 2nd outage the 3GB of tokens.  

A lucky accident, maybe?  🙂  

@GabeUwrote:

That's weird.  The only time I ever saw anything similar to that was when they gave those affected by the Jan 2nd outage the 3GB of tokens.  

I don't recall getting the extra GBs back in Jan...could have, just don't remember.  Maybe those GB give-a-ways were rolled out and I'm just now getting them.  I dunno.  Sure wish we had rollover data.  

GabeU

@monicakmwrote:

@GabeUwrote:

I don't recall getting the extra GBs back in Jan...could have, just don't remember.  Maybe those GB give-a-ways were rolled out and I'm just now getting them.  I dunno.  Sure wish we had rollover data.  

It's possible, but the 3GB were given in the form of tokens and not added to the regular data.  

Hi - the week of the outage in January all the tokens were applied to affected customers. So if its 3GB of tokens, then 99% chance it is from that 🙂

Amanda

Hi Amanda, no, they were not in the form of tokens.  That would have been nice since it was so late in my month they just ended up going away since I didn't use them.  My Anytime and Bonus Bytes allotment increased, not the token count.

GabeU

@monicakmwrote:

That would have been nice since it was so late in my month they just ended up going away since I didn't use them.  

Are you saying that you did originally receive 3GB of Token Data for the New Year's Day issue, but that it disappeared because you didn't use it?  

If this is the case, have you checked your Tokens under the "Buy Tokens" button in the Usage section of the MyAccount site to see if they're still there, but just not banked in your Token Bytes Available?  Or, are you sure you didn't actually use them?  The reason I ask is that I've never heard of anyone losing tokens, save when upgrading from Gen4 to Gen5.  

Gabe, I said that I might have gotten the 3 Token GB back in Jan.  I don't remember specifically but if they were issued to everyone that was affected, I'm sure I did.  But, that's a good idea to look in the Buy Token section.  Here is what it says...Token - Prepaid (500MB) :4 Available Use Token - Free (500MB) :6 Available Use

Does that mean I have 5GB I haven't claimed yet?  I have 19.5GB in Token Bytes that show up in the SCC.  So it looks like I have 5 more?  NOT tellin' the grandkids! LOL  I don't think they've caught on to Tokens yet anyway 😉

I didn't lose any tokens when I upgraded to Gen 5.  I brought that up and wanted to make sure I didn't.  

What I said originally is that my Anytime and Bonus Bytes (2-8am) both increased.  I had like 3+GB (for 4 days left in my month) in Anytime and one morning, it was 7GB.  Bonus Byte GBs were increased as well.  

Sorry if I wasn't clear with my original post.  Hope this clears up any confusion.

GabeU

Well, the 5GB of Tokens (the 4 and 6) that are showing in the Prepaid and Free section aren't a part of the 19.5GB of token data that is already banked (Token Bytes Available).  And, chances are, the 3GB that you got from the New Year's Day issue were automatically added to your Token Bytes Available (what you see in the SCC and Usage Meter) and are part of that 19.5GB showing.  

As for the 4 and 6 Prepaid and Free tokens, respctively, I'm not really sure where they came from.  You may have received them for something.  Did you ever do any speed tests for speed issues?  They may have given you some token data to do them.  

Regarding the Prepaid and Free tokens, you may choose to leave them where they are, and "Use" them when you need to, giving you control over those tokens.  To give you an idea of what I mean, say you didn't have any token data banked right now (the 19.5GB wasn't there).  Now, say you've just gone over your monthly allowance and are now in FAP, with FAP throttled speeds.  If you don't have anything important to do, you can just choose to continue to use the throttled speed, or you could choose to bank one or more of the 5GB of tokens if you needed to download something quickly, or if you wanted to stream something or just do something else quickly.  That way, YOU control whether you go into FAP speed or whether you remain at full speed, but with that full speed being drawn from your token data.  The 19.5GB you already have banked will be used automatically if you run out of regular data, but before you get throttled to FAP speeds, but you can choose to NOT bank the other 5GB (by clicking Use) and save them for a rainy day.  Yep...don't tell the grandkids!!!  😛  

I hope I didn't confuse you.  

To be honest, if I hadn't banked every bit of my token data I would, near the end of my cycle, deliberately go into FAP to see what the speed is like.  But, because I banked every bit of my token data, I'd have to burn through every bit of it before actually going into FAP and FAP speed, and I'm not willing to do that.  Looking back, I wish I had only banked about half of the token data I have and kept the rest so I could control it.  Actually, come to think of it, I really wish I hadn't banked any of it, and I could control ALL of it.  😞  

Yeah I learned about not cashing in the tokens a year ago.  I didn't realize it worked that way.  I wanted to see what it felt like to FAP under Gen 5.  That's ok, I rarely use more than my 20GB/month anyway.

Hi Monica

Ok so assuming I've got this right.. You had 4GB anytime data one day and the next 7GB...same for Bonus. I have only seen this happen once before when a huge maintenance was going on and engineers automatically put data on accounts. I do see in the daily history where you jumped but there's no fingerprint I see that tells me why.

With that said... Something happened between last night and today to change your Token data amount. I mean, that is a huge change. Did you use or buy more tokens? I don't see any charges on your account. Regardless, I don't have the power to take the data back, so you're stuck with it (sorry) but I am going to see and make sure this didn't happen to everyone on your beam.

~Amanda

Yes Amanda, that's basically right.  The Bonus Bytes went from 63 to 79% and Anytime from 3something to 7.5.  I only had three days left so I didn't even end up using it.  

GabeU

@Amandawrote:

I mean, that is a huge change. Did you use or buy more tokens? I don't see any charges on your account. Regardless, I don't have the power to take the data back, so you're stuck with it (sorry) but I am going to see and make sure this didn't happen to everyone on your beam.

~Amanda

I have to admit, this made me giggle a little when I saw this, especially the part about being sorry that she's stuck with it.  To be so unlucky.  LOL.  😛