cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there still satellite problems??? After last 2 incidents.... my system still is acting slow....

Are there still satellite problems??? After last 2 incidents.... my system still is acting slow....

After the last two problems with reception and an email stating such..... It seems there are still bugs in the system because it is not giving me a good connection..... Are there still problems with the satellite?????
8 REPLIES 8
Alum

Re: Are there still satellite problems??? After last 2 incidents.... my system still is acting slow....

Hi Dusten,

I see this is your first post here, so welcome to the community! The satellite is working normally. I do see that your site is coming up with no communication. Please reboot your modem and router if you have one. Double check all connections pertaining to your modem. If you have a visual of your satellite dish double check to make sure there are no obstructions in the way of its line of sight. If the problem still persists we may need to send a tech out to your home. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Are there still satellite problems??? After last 2 incidents.... my system still is acting slow....

I did reboot everything just 2 days ago... I will try it again....  All the lights are flashing still but just seems to not be transmitting....  It states waiting for a better signal strength...  I will redo everything and then see what happens... I will keep in touch...

Perhaps it is because I am on the old system yet....  Contemplating going to a high speed local company or sticking with HughesNet....  Gen 4....    seems this satellite internet is slower than I expected it to be and seems there are always slow processing times.....
Alum

Hi Dusten,

I respect your decision in inquiring for other ISP's. We understand your frustration with your service although I'm sure we can help get this resolved for you. Were you able to check on the dish for obstructions as well? Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Chris

I unhooked everything and it still seems that it is not working....   Nothing has changed with the dish itself nor the view of the sky to the south.....  Next options would be to have a tech come to see....  I have been getting offers to go to Gen 4......  $10 off per month for the first year... with 12 month commitment....    It might be a waste to send someone to fix it only to turn around and upgrade to the Gen 4....   I am willing to stay with Hughes Net..... for now....   Should I click on the deal for the upgrade and just have the Tech come to install it then???  Let me know....
Alum

Hi Dusten,

I would always recommend upgrading to our most powerful and efficient system available. Although this would ultimately be your decision. You will benefit from better speeds and overall performance increases. Just curious, which Gen 4 are you receiving notices for? Spaceway does have Gen 4 however it is not the latest Gen 4 system. Does it require a complete system upgrade? Modem and satellite? If so then my recommendation would be Yes.

- Chris

I guess I am confused now....  I keep getting emails and mail at home from HughesNet talking about upgrading to Gen 4.....  ????????? guess I need to talk to someone and compare what I have now and see what things could be upgraded to.......
Alum

Hi Dusten,

The best way to get live support would be to call in to our customer support center at 1-866-347-3292. Our representatives will be able to explain in detail the upgrade process and what is available to you. You can mention the emails and other notifications you have received and get more clarification. You are most likely eligible for more promotions as well. Let us know how it goes.

- Chris