cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you FAP'd when using data tokens?

Tutor

Re: Are you FAP'd when using data tokens?

Identify what's going on in those hours with huge download activity and especially those hours accompanied by correspondingly huge upload activity and you'll find your answers.

You do know upload also eats your allowance, right?

Tutor

Too much primetime traffic on your beam. It looks like what I suffered with for a very long time with G4. There was no fix, just constant frustration. HughesNet service can become a part-time job. Way too much busywork.

Hopefully you still have other options. If they can't provide you with respectable service, I imagine they will relieve you of your contract responsibilities.

@happytexann wrote:

And @GW, @GabeU, @Liz, here's a screenshot of my wildy varying speeds since installation without any resolution.

Screenshot 2018-02-22 09.16.17.png

Senior

WOW - @GW YOU NAILED IT! There is no more APT description, this has become a near full time job trying to track down all the challenges, data drain (which had it been explained you couldn't connect to anything or you'd use of the data!) and performance issues has taken up 2 months of my time. I've only heard from @Liz, a couple of times and haven't heard from the engineer she has on my case. I suspect they KNOW it's toom uch traffic on the beam during primetime. Wonder what will happen if I call and asked to be released from the contract?

Senior

WHOM do we contact to cancel our contracts?

Talking to customer service is NOT working - I would like to be released from my contract on March 2, 2018. I do not want to pay any cancellation fee as I haven't had the service 60 days and have had continuous, documented problems with performance and data management with absolutely no resolution. Customer support says it's gonna cost me $$$$ to cancel. Please help.

@Amanda@Liz

Re: WHOM do we contact to cancel our contracts?

Hi happytexann, 

We can certainly look into this for you. Please expect a private message shortly.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi happytexann,

Thanks for providing updates. I've addressed your other recent thread. Please check your private messages.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Senior

THANKS to all of you for helping, however our problems were not able to be resolved and we have successfully terminated our service the end of this month. I appreciate all of your help concerning our system - it just didn't work out.

@Liz

@GW

@GabeU

@BirdDog

Distinguished Professor III

@happytexann

That's too bad, but it's good that some sort of resolution was able to be worked out.  

I hope your new ISP works well for you.  Smiley Happy 

That whole FAP while using tokens thing is still gonna drive me nuts. Smiley Tongue      

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Hi, I am in your same boat.  I only had this service for less than 30 days.  I returned my equipment and when I called to make sure they recieved it, the nice lady Hannah said oh you have a credit on your account, then put me on hold for 20 minutes and then said Oh don't do anything with your card on file as we will process the refund.  The next day I logged onto my bank account to only find a $400 charge from HughesNet.  Very upset about this.  So watch your back maybe take off Auto pay and your credit card on file so they can't auto charge your account.  I am trying to find help with getting my $400 back.

Tutor

Or open a dispute with your credit card company.