cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rt-AC68P - WAN IP/External IP question

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Asus Rt-AC68P - WAN IP/External IP question

That will be this one:

Click on the round icon circled in red to open the highlighted pane on the right.

Compare the WAN IP listed to the modems SCC DHCP lease info:

Also, please verify that on the WAN function that under WAN Connection Type that it is set to "Automatic IP"

Hey Richard

Pretty odd that if Asus knows its a firmware issue they haven't mentioned patching it up. Can you rollback your firmware update? Hopefully Merlin works for you.

Amanda
Freshman

Gwalk900,

Apologize for late reply, been out on business.

Requested info below:

Freshman

Charles,

This was a Best Buy purchase.

Freshman

Amanda,

Agree, in my original post is a reply from Asus requesting a change I can not do to the HT 1100. Replied to Asus with an explanation but I think it fell on"deaf ears". Three Asus techs have replied with information that does not resolve the problem or requesting changes to the HT 1100 that can not be accomplished.

Yes I can roll back or try Merlin if this issue continues.

Historically I have had better success with this forum resolving modem/router/connectivity issue. This stuff is intense but the forum members that take time to resolve issues are appreciated. 

Not to date myself but I used some of the early systems like DirecPC over the years that were one way. Tech help was extremely difficult back then as compared to now. 

Regards

Richard

Honorary Alumnus

Hi Richard,

Things look OK,

What is the USB2.0 device?

Where is the error being displayed ? Can you get a screengrab ?

New Poster

Huh thats strange mine came from Best Buy 2 or 3 years ago when they first came out and its a /R
Freshman

The error message appears as the ! next to the green App button flashing yellow. Click on the ! and the message appears. If you click on the "change now" message it brings up the WAN screen.

The USB is a flash drive. The error message was prior to adding the USB drive. The Seagate drive was in place when the error message first appeared. The USB drive is replacing a failed Seagate 500GB backup drive until I figure out to buy another or do something different. Also using the flash drive to evaluate the USB applications offered by Asus.

Freshman

The rest of the story is Amazon had this model for less money but I needed a router because of a failure. Printed Amazon add took it to BB to see if they would make good to price match. Nope the box that the two routers came in was different so it did not qualify. My last purchase from BB crooks. Clerk told me BB will change something just enough to no have to price match.
Honorary Alumnus

The wording of the error message is a little ... hard to put into context.

I wonder if the router is picking up on the fact as Hughes users, we have no "public IP".

There are a lot of features that simply are not going to work being behind a CGN.