cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Billing Problem, Can't update card!

Auto Billing Problem, Can't update card!

My card expired a few months ago, I got a new card, but HughesNet won't let me update. Whenever I fill out the form, I keep getting an error message: Card Type cannot be blank." But I make sure it's NOT BLANK! I ahte having to pay manually every month. I know they are trying to force me to give them my bank account information to enroll in autopay, but I dont' want to do that. I have a valid card, and they should accept that. I also don't want to spend hours on the phone with someone with very poor English, and I dont' want to give out my information over the phone. Cant you guys just fix the freaking website?
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Auto Billing Problem, Can't update card!

Hi Constance,

Sorry to hear your having this issue!

Have you ever been able to update your card on the website? Have you tried processing the card from a different web browser or device? Also, be sure to check and see if clearing your cookies & cache helps resolve this as well!

Thanks,
Amanda

when I originally entered the card, it accepted it fine, several years ago. I've been auto-billed every month with no problem. But now that I have to update the card, it won't let me do it. I tried clearing cookies and using different browsers multiple times. Nothing works.

Oh okay! Then perhaps we're not on the right website. Are you logged in and using the Support Center? Click this link and see if this is where you've been trying: http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com

Thanks,
Amanda

No, I've been using the legacy Customer Care site. I've had my account since before 2012, and didn't upgrade to Gen4.

Oh, that will do it! Try registering at http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com instead - that's where everyone should be now, regardless of what system you've got! Let me know if it does the trick for you.

Thanks
Amanda

Thank you very much. That worked fine!

Wonderful! Good to hear. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist in the future.

Thank you,
Amanda