Automatically disable turbopage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmvelin
Freshman

Automatically disable turbopage

Is there a way to have Turbopage be automatically disabled at all times?  My internet connection is essentially nonfunctional when Turbopage is enabled.  I either cannot load web sites at all, or it takes several tries for each page load.  If I shut everything down when I'm gone for an extended period, it would be nice if I didn't have to disable Turbopage every time I restart; plus I'm the only one in my family who can disable it so if I'm not around to take care of it nobody can access the web sites they need.  
9 REPLIES 9
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sorry but no. Rebooting the modem, either hard or soft, will set it back to on. Maybe better to have one of the official reps check into why you have to disable it all the time for your service to work. Will be tomorrow morning before they're here.
rmvelin
Freshman

Thank you BirdDog!
Amanda

Hi rmvelin,

Birddog is right.. but we do need to figure out what the problem is. Does the turbopage only give you problems at night? Do you ever get messages in your browser saying there is an issue with the turbopage or web acceleration server and a number like 506.4 ?  If it isn't, what websites do you have to disable turbopage to access? 

Thanks
Amanda
rmvelin
Freshman

Thanks for your response Amanda.  It's definitely worse in the evening.  With pretty much any web site, we'll get the message "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" several times before it will finally load.  We get that a lot in the evenings anyway, but it's worse when turbopage is enabled, and happens more frequently during the day when turbopage is enabled.  It's easier to just keep it disabled than put a lot of effort into troubleshooting.  Unfortunately I will probably switch to Verizon as an ISP as soon as my contract with HughesNet is up.  Service is just too slow in the evenings.  Often I can't get the sites I need to load at all, whether turbopage is enabled or not.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

With you being on an HN9000 modem, it's honestly not a surprise to me... >.>

But, Jupiter 2 will be online with in the next few months and will most likely be available at your location, allowing for far better service.
Amanda

Hi rmvelin,

Thanks for the info! I made an adjustment to your account and would like to see if this works for you. I've added tokens to your account for you to spend a little extra time testing it out this weekend. You may get a couple of order emails about this, but you can disregard them if they mention anything about charges. The extra data is on the house. Hope this helps! 

Have a good one,
Amanda
rmvelin
Freshman

Thanks Amanda,
I'll leave turbopage on for a few days and see what happens.
Amanda

Hi rmvelin,

Hope you had a great weekend! How did the service work for you? 

Amanda
rmvelin
Freshman

Turbopage doesn't seem to be causing as much of an issue as it was before.  Our service was never  that great to begin with - we get the "connection timed out" error quite frequently no matter what, and just reload a few times and the page usually comes up.  But I don't seem to be running into as many issues as I did before when I had turbopage enabled.  We've had cloudy, stormy weather for the last several days, so that has probably slowed us down a bit as well.  Thanks for your help; I appreciate it!