cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B10005179817AH

B10005179817AH

I have been a HughesNet customer since 2008.  The service and support have been hit or miss over the years.  I haven't used the system much the last couple of months because I have spent a considerable amount of time away.  Since returning home a few days ago, the system is very slow and not performing as it should.  I rebooted as I always do when being away for an extended time, but it didn't seem to help.  A neighbor who was experiencing similar issues with his system suggested this community forum since he was able to get results. 

Since my speeds are quite slow, it seems like it could be a modem problem or maybe my dish needs to be turned or moved.  I have been through this in the past with the phone agents and it was a nightmare. The first time it took many calls and hours on hold over many days to convince them my modem wasn't working properly.  I finally convinced them to send a new modem and it helped for a while.  I also went through a similar issue when the dish itself failed.  I am hoping this community can help so I can bypass the phones this time.

I can provide more information if someone is able to help.  Please advise.

Thank you.

54 REPLIES 54

Re: B10005179817AH

Good Afternoon Tish, 

Amanda ,

This Is my neighbor and I did a few basic checks last night. The speed test results were definitely down not crashing bad but down and her signal was only 95 on a clear night. I really believe that an upgrade to the HT1100 may help their problem substantially. It won't help the signal strength but should help overall feel of their system.

Have a good day.  

Thanks, Kathy.

Thanks, Tom.  I hope Amanda can help.

When she gets to your thread she will be able to help you out. She is awesome.  The other reps here are good too, not to leave them out.  

If given a chance and following their instructions they can get most anything worked out to your satisfaction. It would make their job so much easier if all followed that advice. 
Honorary Alumnus

Thomas,

Were you able to give the system a visual once over ?

Line of sight, grounded, nothing dangling ?

Check the SCC for FAP, impaired .... that sort of thing ?

I have done a quick walk around I was unable to verify proper grounding the dish is way up on the roof and I cannot verify proper ground on the radio or proper line of site. I checked the SCC all that showed up there were random uplink errors like I was experiencing.  No where near as bad as mine but still there. Under the diagnostic codes there were none showing up for the short time they have been back. The feel of the system is definitely slow.  

What service are you on?  Which satellite?  Definitely check for FAP.  If you were away for awhile, just the normal downloads from MS and anti-virus would put you over FAP.

Also, I reported in another thread where a friend's Norton Internet Security was not successfully installing its updates and this resulted in a continuous download from Norton putting him in FAP

Honorary Alumnus

Tish stated in her post that she had been a customer since 2008. Going back that far ...

What modem does she have ?

That time frame could be a 7000s, 9000 legacy or HT1000/1100 if an upgrade occurred.

Many on Ku systems are having "transponder squeeze" issues.

Also find out what firmware version the modem is running.

Within the last couple of months there has be some modem software upgrades/reversals.

More than likely though the Mods will have to run remote diagnostics.

Highlighted

She has a HT1000 on the jupiter satellite. Don"t quote me on the firmware but if i am remembering right it was 3.0.3.19