cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B10005179817AH

Re: B10005179817AH

Hello Tish,

Welcome to our community! Thomas has steered you into the right direction. We'll be taking a look at your system today and doing a full run of diagnostics, as well as inspecting your installation if there are photos. I'll be back soon with some more information and my recommendations on how to proceed.

Thank you,
Amanda
Highlighted

Thanks, Amanda.  I didn't use the system for a few hours this afternoon, but it is super slow right now.  It took me forever to even look at the comments posted.  I will look forward to your recommendations.

Hi Tish,

I was able to look at your system and setup a visit from a technician. I am seeing some signal fluctuation which could be normal, but either way we also want to provide you with an updated modem. The technician has been provided the instruction that if he does not have the latest model (HT1100) to let you know and we'll ship you one from here.

He will also be repeaking your dish to ensure the signal is good and all the nuts & bolts are tight.

I did try to take a look at your installation photos, but I couldn't find any to evaluate the grounding situation. We'll send an email on the site to your area's technician distributor to ensure everything goes smoothly.

The visit is scheduled for this coming Thursday - but if you can't be there, the technician can work with you to reschedule.

Thanks!
Amanda

Once again Nice job Amanda....two thumbs up !!!!
Honorary Alumnus

Make that four thumbs-up

Thank you, Amanda.  I appreciate your help and couldn't be more pleased with your prompt and thorough response.  What a totally different experience from my past dealings with HughesNet concerning service issues!

Pardon me for thread jacking, but I'm in almost the same shape as Tish. I've been a HughesNet customer for 9 years and have never been satisfied. I just had a tech out a week or so ago to install a new modem and it seemed to be very fast while he was here. As soon as he was gone it was turtle speed again and continues to be. I'm about to cancel and try another provider. Just tired of the aggravation and dealing with customer service and getting no lasting results. Any help would be appreciated, if you would like to keep a customer.

Ben Welcome to the community. You are in the right place for sure. I am a customer that had terrible speeds and hated talking to tech support.I came here and now they have me running awesome.
 There are going to be a few things they will need from you to get started. 

First I would start a new thread describing your problem in as much detail as possible. In that thread provide a recent case number given to you from a call to hughesnet or the serial number from the bottom of the modem. 

Next I would run a series of 5 speed tests at 3 times during the day for them to be able to look at when they pull your account details. You will find the speed test link at  http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com/  . 

Be patient and provide any information they ask for and I think you can become a happy customer. I know it worked for me.  

Hi Ben,

Thanks for joining us. Please check out the thread we started for you so we can focus on addressing your concerns: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/repost-for-ben-wimberly-it-was-turtle-speed-again...

Thanks, Thomas, for guiding Ben in the right direction. Smiley Happy

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Tish, could you please let us know the outcome  of the repair work?  
I'm curious as to what they will do, and if that helped.

Thanks!