Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B10005179817AH

Re: B10005179817AH

I will be glad to give an update.

Amanda:

The tech came out as you scheduled.  He inspected the dish and while the location is good, he did find a problem with the radio.  Apparently the tech who originally installed our upgraded Gen 4 dish did not grease the fitting and it was badly corroded with the radio itself starting to corrode.  He replaced the radio and the fitting and was optimistic that would help our problem since the signal strength increased nearly 10 points. He came in checked the system and said we were up and running.

I asked him about upgrading the modem and he said he wasn't authorized to do so because his readings showed our modem was working properly.  I told him upgrading the modem was supposed to be part of this call, but he said he couldn't.  I asked him to check with his supervisor, but he couldn't reach his boss so he called Dave McAllister, an eastern TN training supervisor, and he also said he couldn't replace it.  I offered to give him a printout of your recommendation for the service call to justify the upgrade, but he said I needed to have a new modem sent directly to me from HughesNet.

I then asked him to run some speed tests to see if there was improvement, but he said they don't normally do that but I could run them if I wanted.  I ran them while he was still here and though it seemed like the system screen was a little faster, the actual tests were the same as yesterday.  Yesterday was sunny and today it is raining, so I'm sure replacing the radio helped, but it by no means fixed the problem.  My download speeds are a blistering 65 kbps and my web response is 0.8 to 5.1 seconds.  I asked again about replacing the modem, but the answer was still "no."

Can you overnight a modem to me so we can at least rule it out as part of our problem?  As you can imagine, I am frustrated we couldn't resolve this while the tech was here.

Please advise if you can make this happen.  We will also need to be certain it ships to the correct address since my billing address is different from my service address.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tish

What state are you in Tish?

We are in the extreme western part of NC near Murphy.
Highlighted

Good Morning Everyone.

Amanda,

When you get a chance can you please take a look at Tish's system again.  After the repairs the download speeds are tanked, double digit  and upload speeds are good. It seems the repair has taken things in the wrong direction. I really wish the technician had the HT1100 with him so that could be eliminated at the same time. Smiley Sad   I have not had a chance to go  onsite and look at the system for errors and such but I am sure you will be able to see what is going on.  Your help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks
Tom

Hi Tish,

Thank you for the update, I am glad everything went semi-smoothly. I did e-mail the local distributor about the replacement modem and instructed them to let you know if they didn't have the HT1100 in their office to let you know. There was obviously a miscommunication and we'll address that. I'll be sending you a replacement modem you can hook up without the technician there, free of charge. All you will need to do is plug in the new modem just the way the current one was (disconnect the power first, then remove other cables. When reconnecting the new modem, connect the power last) and put the old modem in the box, attach the shipping label and return to us.

I apologize for the delay this miscommunication caused and hope that the replacement modem does the trick.

Thanks,
Amanda

Amanda:

I have been traveling all day, so I just now saw your response.  You will either need to wait on sending the modem until I get back or send it to me at my FL address and I can install it when I get back.  Let me know which so I will know where to look for it.

Thanks.

Tish

Hello Tish,

Thanks for getting back to me. I had already sent for it to be shipped yesterday, but I do have the tracking number. It was overnighted and is on the vehicle for delivery today to your home in NC. If it is returned to the UPS facility, I can let you know where to pick it up. If it is returned back to the Hughes warehouse, we can overnight another one to any other address at any other time.

Thank you,
Amanda

Amanda:

I have worked it out with my UPS driver and I will be back to you once I get home and get it installed.

Thank you.

Tish

Amanda:

I installed the new HT 1100 modem with no difficulty (B30010655599AL) and did see some improvement with the download speed, but not as much as I was hoping.  Plus it has actually hurt the upload speed.  With the old modem, download speeds were ranging in the 60's kbps and upload speeds were ranging between 1000 and 1200 kbps.  With the new modem, download speeds are ranging between 816 and 1273 kbps and upload speeds are ranging between 254 and 836 kbps.  It is raining, but those speeds still seem lower than optimal.  Is there anything else we can do to improve the speed?

Thank you.

Tish