Hughesnet Community

BAD SERVICE! ;-)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericdanielle

BAD SERVICE! ;-)

I hate hughesnet!  Its Terrible!  All my data is gone!  I've been a customer for at least like 1-12 months.  Something is using my data!  It uses it in the morning, afternoon, and at night.  I have 3 cellphones, 1 dog, 4 ipads, 1 cat, 3 windows 10 computers, and a wife, I have Netflix running on all of them.  Oh, I live somewhere in a BIG CITY with all my naighbors REALLY close.  In my free time I like to watch Netflix through the window on an ipad my neighbor has connected to my wife-e or Wi-Fi, or internet or modem or router, and I REFUSE TO SHUT ANYTHING OFF AFTER IM DONE USING IT...  Internet Security?  Yup contacted the Police a few times about my service and tell me nothing is wrong!  Can you believe them?  To tell me nothing is wrong, how dare they!  Now they wont even show up anymore.  I keep calling that nine double one number, but I now don't get a dial tone.  I think the aliens cut my wires...  But, at least I got my tin foil on my head to protect me from this new satellite that's mounted over my head.

BUT HUGHESNET SUCKS, I WANT TO COMPLAIN, on the forum cause it lets me post any garbage and nonsense I want bad mouthing my ISP that I signed up to, that was willing to explain everything to me as long as I asked, and RECORDED the conversation to protect themselves from people like me !  I WANNA COMPLAIN that when I run my speed test I'm getting over my advertised speeds, and that my data plan uses data, DATA, the combination of UPLOADS AND DOWNLOADS!  Woops forgot that data transfers two directions... 

BUT IM STILL MAD!  I WANNA COMPLAIN ALL THE TIME AND I THINK ALL CAPS WILL GET THE JOB DONE! 

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE, ENJOY THE POST FOR A LITTLE LIGHT HEARTED FUN!  OK NOW IT IS TIME FOR ME TO REMOve the caps lock.

🙂

Eric

14 REPLIES 14
Liz

LOL Wow, Eric. You had me going for a second there, your post resembles a lot of crazy stuff we've had in the past,ahhahaha!

Glad you're loving the HughesNet service!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I've been a customer for at least like 1-12 months.

Hilarious.  You have to watch those cats and dogs, too, the little data using buggers they are!  LOL. 

In my free time I like to watch Netflix through the window on an ipad my neighbor has connected to my wife-e or Wi-Fi 
Does that make it free, since the device isn't in your house?  Heh heh. 
ericdanielle

I figured a few of us would get a kick out of this.  Have a great day everyone!
Liz

Thanks, you too!
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

shkote

Thanks for the giggle... have had HN for 13 years. First modem was the 2 units with separate reciever and transmitter. now I have Gen 4, with differennt models in between. Service is exactly as described/expected so no issue there.

However... Offshore customer service... Can't say what I think in polite company. Really wish they would direct USA customers to USA reps. Offshore reps language and cultures do not mix well. It's really bad when a male rep is speaking to a female. Doesn't matter that I know my way around PC's, networks and internet workings. It's infuriating when they read from thier script then tell me to check my cables. I simply avoid calling whenever possible and figure it out myself. *sigh*. Or browse the forum... glad everybody's here.
HughesNetCorpor

I am laughing so hard, I gotta go pee now...
you have made my entire WEEK!
(going back into hiding now :P)
ericdanielle

In all my experience, which isn't much.  (34 years old) But when dealing with Technology issues with ANY person over the phone can be tough.  Even signing up to hughesnet, I had to repeat myself, and straight up ask the young lady over the phone to repeat what she said a bunch to make sure I could understand what she was saying.  So Shkote, I agree with you!  I too am the type of person that will fix my tech stuff, or exhaust every possible measure to fix it myself before attempting to get over the phone support.  Tech support = Icky!!  LOL  Not just Hughes, be what seems like EVERYONE!

Lab-Lover

what seems like years... but they tell me is only a week.. I crawl out of my bed, and this is the first post I see within my first 5 minutes?

I found this post demeaning, rude, and very unprofessional  to those of us that have followed every single thing and every single piece of information that has been sent their way.  I have read and re read directions, websites, etc.  I have spent hours on my computer, at the suggestion of many, I have a log of my data usage that is now bordering on 20 pages front and back, since first contacting Hughesnet last month.  AND then... I read this post ridiculing ME and any other customer that comes along to post asking for help. YES--- I took this post personally--because I AM that customer that came to this board looking for help, and I found this. 

IMAGINE... IF THIS WAS READ by a FIRST TIME POSTER? Perhaps it has been, and they did not even bother to post.... this type of "humor", if you call it that, is not necessary. In fact, it is juvenile. 

HOWEVER... I became even more disappointed when a hughes net employee found it funny, thus encouraging it!  Please.. think about this! There are bonafide cusotmers out there, asking and pleading for assistance and help. Many of these customers are doing everything in their power to find a solution to the problem and then to run across a post like this,  that is doing nothing but ridiculing them?!   I am shaking my head... that is enough for now... I am sorry I wasted my time trying to figure out a solution.. it is truly not worth the stress it has caused me--- and then to discover, inadvertenty, customers that are having difficulty are ridiculed and laughed at... very UNPROFESSIONAL. The line was crossed, when the Hughesnet Employee laughed and encouraged the behavior.......   that to me, says it all...  crawling back to bed, this is so not worth it. 
Kim 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Kim,
Please re-read Eric's post !
The entire thing was "tongue- in- cheek".
You wouldhave to have read Eric's other posts too have put in context.

On another note I'm glad to see you back and feeling fiesty.
Lab-Lover

What a welcome back. I am very aware it was tongue in cheek, it was ridiculing (making fun of) customers who complain. Tongue and cheek at the customers expense. Seriously, I have to wonder if the stress of this entire Hughes net issue didn't put me in the hospital. I am serious, stress does not mix w my diseases. I should be sleeping, and I am stressing over this ... And, my problem still exists. Seriously, have you ever felt beaten? That is exactly how I feel about this entire Hughes net situation. Beaten. I screwed up. If only I had read the reviews, if only I had googled "complaints against Hughes net", I would have found thousands and thousands of complaints. Never a compliment. ...I screwed up and now, I am being ridiculed for making a mistake. Wow. What has our society come to? Nice... Really nice.
Amanda

Hi Kim

We do have many posts of praise and there is an entirely separate category dedicated to it here in the community. 
.I screwed up and now, I am being ridiculed for making a mistake. Wow. What has our society come to?
Did you happen to catch the end of Miss Universe 2015

On a more serious note - We understand completely that you fully regret getting our service. We're completely equipped to cancel your service immediately and waive early termination fees, despite the commitment period. Let me know and I can do this for you today.

Amanda
Lab-Lover

Thank you very much Amanda,
We are on our way to Miami, as I am having a reaction to one of my meds... I will go privately to you. Again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for helping me, I appreciate it so very much.  Kim
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

shkote,

I must have come along just after they consolidated the system into one unit.  I've had Hughesnet since Nov 2004, but with a single dish and modem, and upgraded to Gen4 in Feb of this year.  I guess I got it at just the right time.  I know that even before that the upload was done through a phone line.  Eek.  I can't imagine that.