Hughesnet Community

BE CAREFUL OF HUGHESNET INSTALLERS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stephanie Rock

BE CAREFUL OF HUGHESNET INSTALLERS

I just want to inform people to be careful when allowing the hughesnet installer on your property. The first thing was he did not have any ID. he asked to see were the computer is ,I explained to him that we have Direct TV and that the dish for it was on the south side of the property,and i showed him the location.he proceeded to tell me that if he ran the cable that far i would loose the quality of the internet .So he decided to put the dish on the north side of the property under a tree and about 6 feet from were the computer is located. He asked if it was ok to open my gate and pull his truck in so that he didn't have to keep going in and out and so far, I said it was ok but it must be closed when he leaves ,He agreed and told me I was going to have to have my tree trimmed because of were he put the dish.So about 10 min before the guy left my son came over and was asking the guy why the computer was not hooked up to the modem ??????????? He replied that it was not his job to do that and I told him that Hughesnet told me that he would be hooking the modem to the computer.He stated that was not his job and that I needed to get my own ethernet cord and do it myself. i said hold on let me cal Hughesnet so we can figure this out.I dialed the number as he fallowed me saying that I needed to sigh and initial his paperwork because he needed to leave he was late getting to ST. Cloud.I said hang on he said no sign this I need to go. As i started signing the paperwork, still waiting for a live person at Hughesnet to answer , I asked him his name, He said Dino, I said last name? and with that he grabbed the paperwork and was gone.I finally got someone on the phone, and as I was explaining the situation to them My son and I noticed the gate wide open so we proceeded to go outside to close it, mind you I'm on the phone with Hughesnet , I step down the stairs a notice that my gazebo is in a heap on the babies toys and there is tire marks on the concrete were he pealed out after hitting the gazebo.At this point I am thankful that the baby had not been outside playing with her kitchen set that was under the gazebo.Then to add insult to injury I find that when running the 6 feet of cable he had broke the rose bush that cannot be replaced because my mother-in-law that gave it to me has passed away,and he just threw it into the pineapple bush. unbelievable is all I can say. I have photos.
18 REPLIES 18
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Stephanie Rock,

Eek!  That's not good, at all.  The reps on here are on until 5pm EST, so you will probably get a reply tomorrow, but you will surely get a reply.  I can tell you that this is DEFINITELTY NOT indicative of the normal installation experience.  I'm sure the reps will help to set this right.  I'm sorry you had to deal with such an installer and had such an awful experience.   

John Estes Gamb

In your situation, I would have called the police and than notified Hughesnet for reimbursement by proof of a police report.... Or sue HughesNet for property damage .... This happened to me six years ago with HughesNet and I issued a complaint only to have HughesNet not believe me and would not install service for me for two years. U sometimes will get bad service anyway u look at it. One out of three calls now is a bad experience with any service provider. Unfortunately you have to grin and bare it based on choices you have in your area ... really for anything.. I know this did not help you, but there are people out there that have been through the same thing.
Amanda

Stephanie,

I just want to say we will definitely get down to the bottom of this and do all that we can to resolve it. Myself and the other community moderators (those with the Official Rep tag) work in the corporate office for Hughes and we're equipped and ready to fully investigate your installation and experience. As GabeU said this is not something that happens everyday and should not be used to represent our service and wonderful installers as a whole. I have already located your account and I am reviewing your installation photos and previous case notes now. If you have any images of the damage caused, please send them to our e-mail address at communitysupport@hughes.com

Thank you
Amanda
Stephanie Rock

I DO HAVE PHOTOS AND i WAS ON A RECORDED LINE WHEN I SAW THE OUTSIDE DAMAGE.SHOULD I HAVE CALLED THE POLICE???
Amanda

Hello Stephanie,

No, we don't think calling the police is a good idea in this instance... After reviewing your case and talking to the corporate officer from installations here, it seems your case had already been escalated and investigated with a final result. Just to clarify - your gazebo is the white plastic pop up tent? Our installer did take a photo before he left the installation area and did capture the tent/gazebo in a photo where it was already in disarray. As for the other issues, the rose bush and tire marks, can you send those directly to our communitysupport@hughes.com e-mail address for review?

Thanks
Amanda
Stephanie Rock

THE POLICE WAS A SUGGESTION OF SOMEONE ON THIS SITE THOUGHT I WOULD ASK. i SENT THE PHOTOS YOU REQUESTED.THANK YOU FOR LOOKING INTO THIS. 
Alan Thompson

Stephanie, sure sounds like that was one "Bad Egg," of an installer. I agree with Gabe, that's not typical and not what anyone should expect.

This is a minor point compared to the bigger issues you flagged but, at the very least, the HughesNet modem comes with a network cable in the box, and it's part of the Installer's obligations to connect your computer and make sure you're able to get on the Internet.

If things went down the way you described, that guy should be fired.
Stephanie Rock

I DID NOT EVEN SEE THE MODEM COME OUT OF A BOX.LIKE I SAID HE TOLD ME IT WAS NOT HIS JOB TO CONNECT IT TO MY COMPUTER.THAT WAS THE INITIAL REASON I CALLED.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Maybe not connect and setup a router, but connect your computer directly and see if it works is his job.

Why the all caps? It is a bit off-putting as many people interpret it as yelling.
smittydee47

I have only been a customer of Hughesnet for a month.  But I never could figure out why I didn't receive any paperwork or booklet from the installer
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sadly, right now any such information given to new customers is up to the installation company. Many of us have been "championing" for some sort of guide and information pamphlet for a long time.

Alan Thompson, another Champion here, runs an installation company and he provides a lot of information to new customers but that is certainly not the norm.

Maybe someday. (sigh)
Knerkin Akin

Not just fired, but blacklisted. The public is entirely too susceptible to this unknown. Most installers fall into the superb category (like my son), but bad eggs should have a "stay away" identity somewhere. 
Stephanie Rock

My cap lock button was stuck,and to many people are off-put these days by absolutely silly things! I believe if I were to yell I would be 110% justified,but thank you for your opinion.
cora

I had somewhat of the same experience. My installer had a trainer that answer basic questions about the product. Neither one had a badge. While installing the cable wire. I soon experienced a black out on my cable tv, the ac went out. I asked what happened, the installer immediately said, "it's not our fault". At the end I paid for my own router. Gave a personal check. And I received not reciept. Not even from installation paperwork. Did not any information to get sign on. On top of that, the installer went somewhere else in the house where they should have not been. To think I have 2 years and already dissatisfied with the service.
Stephanie Rock

Did you ever find out what happened to make every thing go out?
Amanda

Hi Stephanie

I did receive your photos and the gazebo/tent ones do match the ones that the installer uploaded to your account, including the damaged tent. These images were taken before he left. I see in the other photos there is a lot of water all over the dish and some other areas, so I am suspicious that it may have rained that day. Are you absolutely positive that the installer backed up into your tent, got out, took a photo and then left? I will e-mail you the pictures we have.

Thanks
Amanda
Stephanie Rock

It did rain that day. If you listen to the recorded conversation you can hear me asking my son, who had gotten here 10 min. prior to the installer leaving,and it was also done raining, if it had been that way when he walked up.He stated that it had not been in that shape. calling it a gazebo is what the box said on it when we bought it but you may call it whatever you wish.I can not prove your installer did the damage but the rain was over and it had not been that way 10 min. before he left. 
Amanda

Hi Stephanie

I will be sending you the photos we have from the installer for comparison, please check your e-mail.  

Amanda