cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BE CAREFUL OF HUGHESNET INSTALLERS

Re: BE CAREFUL OF HUGHESNET INSTALLERS

I have only been a customer of Hughesnet for a month.  But I never could figure out why I didn't receive any paperwork or booklet from the installer
Assistant Professor

Sadly, right now any such information given to new customers is up to the installation company. Many of us have been "championing" for some sort of guide and information pamphlet for a long time.

Alan Thompson, another Champion here, runs an installation company and he provides a lot of information to new customers but that is certainly not the norm.

Maybe someday. (sigh)

Not just fired, but blacklisted. The public is entirely too susceptible to this unknown. Most installers fall into the superb category (like my son), but bad eggs should have a "stay away" identity somewhere. 

My cap lock button was stuck,and to many people are off-put these days by absolutely silly things! I believe if I were to yell I would be 110% justified,but thank you for your opinion.

I had somewhat of the same experience. My installer had a trainer that answer basic questions about the product. Neither one had a badge. While installing the cable wire. I soon experienced a black out on my cable tv, the ac went out. I asked what happened, the installer immediately said, "it's not our fault". At the end I paid for my own router. Gave a personal check. And I received not reciept. Not even from installation paperwork. Did not any information to get sign on. On top of that, the installer went somewhere else in the house where they should have not been. To think I have 2 years and already dissatisfied with the service.

Did you ever find out what happened to make every thing go out?

Hi Stephanie

I did receive your photos and the gazebo/tent ones do match the ones that the installer uploaded to your account, including the damaged tent. These images were taken before he left. I see in the other photos there is a lot of water all over the dish and some other areas, so I am suspicious that it may have rained that day. Are you absolutely positive that the installer backed up into your tent, got out, took a photo and then left? I will e-mail you the pictures we have.

Thanks
Amanda

It did rain that day. If you listen to the recorded conversation you can hear me asking my son, who had gotten here 10 min. prior to the installer leaving,and it was also done raining, if it had been that way when he walked up.He stated that it had not been in that shape. calling it a gazebo is what the box said on it when we bought it but you may call it whatever you wish.I can not prove your installer did the damage but the rain was over and it had not been that way 10 min. before he left. 

Hi Stephanie

I will be sending you the photos we have from the installer for comparison, please check your e-mail.  

Amanda