BIST connectivity failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slym
Sophomore

BIST connectivity failed

New user here - just started with HughesNet last week.  Tonight it seems to be lagging.  The first speed test I did was only 6.14 Mbps download, with ping at 624 ms. 

Looking at the system control center BIST, it shows Cable Connectivity - failed.  What does that indicate?

Thanks,

Sue

25 REPLIES 25

No, I haven't tried that.  Will do that tonight. 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I think the modem only performs BIST during power on, so it might be worth a shot since Amanda isn't seeing any errors in the diagnostics.

Well, that did the trick.  It now says passed instead of failed. 

Speeds are still jumping around a lot - here's the latest:  http://testmy.net/quickstats/slym

I'll run the tests for a few days and see how that goes.  Like I said earlier, it's been going pretty good until yesterday.  But maybe that's the normal busy time in the evenings I'm seeing.  Well, except for the couple of tests last night that were 1.07 and 1.47mbps - hoping that was just an oddity.

Thanks,

Sue

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

If you are failing on the BIST then it will be pointless to attempt speedtests till Amanda, or Liz perform diagnostics on your terminal on Monday.  If the coax is flaky, or the ODU isn't working properly, it can result in a lock using a different frequency that could cause potentially lower speeds.  So Hughes will want to get the system operational first before attempting further troubleshooting.

Good point.