cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIST connectivity failed

Sophomore

Re: BIST connectivity failed

@C0RR0SIVE

That's helpful.  Here's what mine says.  So I'm on Jupiter 1, since it's not there at all.  Beam 20, but where is the gateway RAP?

Screenshot 2017-08-19 12.32.14.png

Sophomore

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you. 

Distinguished Professor IV

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

If you are failing on the BIST then it will be pointless to attempt speedtests till Amanda, or Liz perform diagnostics on your terminal on Monday.  If the coax is flaky, or the ODU isn't working properly, it can result in a lock using a different frequency that could cause potentially lower speeds.  So Hughes will want to get the system operational first before attempting further troubleshooting.

Good point.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi slym

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I've located your account and will run diagnostics on your system to see if I can find the cause of this test result you are seeing. Your patience is appreciated.

Amanda

Highlighted
Sophomore

@Amanda

Thank you!  Will wait to see what you find out.

Hi slym

I ran all the tests and diagnostics I could but did not find anything to indicate there is an issue with the cabling. Is it possible for you to inspect the outdoor wiring and see if any parts look corroded or frayed?

~Amanda

Sophomore

@Amanda

We can take a look tomorrow.  It is a brand new installation, so hopefully that won't be the problem.  I'll let you know what we find.

Sophomore

@Amanda

Well, we looked at the outdoor wiring as best we could.  All looks shiny and new - no corrosion.  But I don't know if there is any connection issue up there, nor how to tell. 

After the few slow days, we've been running at a pretty good speed ever... until tonight.  Then it took a huge dip, but has since recovered. 

What would be the next step to fix the BIST cable connectivity failed test?  Maybe it's not affecting things?  But on the other hand, it's an error that shouldn't be there, and since this is a brand new install, it'd be nice to get it cleared up.

Thanks,

Sue