BRUTALLY SLOW AT NIGHT !!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dalemiller
Sophomore

BRUTALLY SLOW AT NIGHT !!!!

For several months our broadband speeds have been brutally slow in the evening and night. Sporadically (maybe 15% of the time) the speed is OK. Most of the time we can hardly surf the web. For the purposes of testing, I power cycled the modem, power cycled a laptop, hooked the laptop directly up to the modem, cleared the cache of the browser, and ran speed tests. The 2 speed tests on myhughesnet.com were ... 1st - download: 0.30 (not a typo) upload: 0.04 2nd - download: 4.53 upload: 0.06.

I've seen other posts on here where they ask to post results from testmynet.com. So, I created an account and ran a couple of speed tests. Are were below 1 Mbps. The results can be found here: http://testmy.net/quickstats/euchredad63 .

Many times during the day the speed is reasonable. But never at night. And the upload speed is always, 100% of the time, horrible. Rarely gets above 1 Mbps.

I've called into support and have had to go through all the same tests as I did here, and they always say that tier 2 support will have to call back. If I'm lucky enough to actually get a call back (most of the time I don't), they call me while I'm at work. Not much I can do then. And I have to start all over.

If I use email support, they always send an email telling me to do the things I've already said I've done in the email, and that my service looks good from their side.

I'm not sure what else I can do. I'm open to help / suggestions.
22 REPLIES 22

I'm having the exact same issue.  Takes me ten minutes to even pull up this forum page.  I'm so over HughesNet.  They say they can send someone out but it will cost $125.  What a freaking scam.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@tenniskid004

If you'd like to get help with your speed issues, please start a new topic, which you can do here... https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

Keep in mind that the help you will receive here is different than the help on the phone, so it may very well benefit you to start the new topic.