cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BS charges!!

New Poster

BS charges!!

Phone tech told me my receiver, dish, and line of sight all might be giving me problems with my internet speed. He then told me it will cost me $175 for a tech to come out and fix anything. I have been a customer for 10 years. I pay more money then anyone I know for slower internet with the least data allowance. How can Hughesnet possible think its ok to charge me to fix their broken equipment. I pay for working internet. If Hughesnets equipment isnt providing me with the best service possible, that should 100% be on Hughesnet to come fix for free. I would cancel my subscription in a second but I live in the country and nobody else provides internet at my house... So Im stuck but Im still not paying $175 for a tech to come out here. They must be crazy if they think that!?!?!?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Associate Professor

Re: BS charges!!

Sometimes phone support gets people a little riled up. An admin will be available to handle this tomorrow, after the holiday, and will be able to deal with this in a better way.

In the mean time, you might want to inspect the location of the dish to see if anything might be blocking it's field of view from a distance (trees, buildings, etc.) or locally (any tree branches or vines). Generally, anything within 45 degrees about the plane of the dish itself can block it's field of view or even reflect transmitted signals back into it, causing havoc. You can use the beam the receiver (feed horn) is mounted on as a direction guide laterally. The signal usually comes in about 10-20 degrees above it, vertically.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
New Poster

Yeah, support said I should call during daytime to reach someone that might be able to waive the fee. I’m trying to be optimistic but it’s hard with this company. Anything that might be blocking my line of sight is on my neighbors property and doubtful they would let me start chopping branches off their beautiful Sierra Pine trees, but maybe? The price you pay for living in the country. Thanks for the response!! I appreciate it...

Hi Kinetickutz, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Sep 5, 2019 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning Kinetickutz, 

I see your site visit was completed last Friday and you're back online. Feel free to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns, we're here to help!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.