Back to slow speeds again

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bms00433
Freshman

Back to slow speeds again

Went through all the process and tech came out. Reset things. Was good for a couple weeks, now back to horrendous speeds. Have plenty of data left. 

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Bms00433

2 REPLIES 2
Damian

Hello @Bms00433

I am sorry to hear you are still having this issue. After running diagnostics on the account, it appears your HughesNet equipment is functioning properly, however, you are suffering from the effects of congestion during peak hours. This is a period of time during the evenings where you may experience a slow down when many people are using the service. This only affects a small number of customers and most of the time it goes unnoticed but can be apparent depending on what you are using their service for. I recommend disconnecting as many devices as you can that are not immediately being used, to free up the bandwidth. At this time, our engineers are already maintaining the network to provide service to all customers, and there isn't anything more we can do at this point regarding peak hours. Due to this development, I have private messaged you detailing your options going forward. Please refer there for additional information.  

-Damian

Damian

@Bms00433,

It appears our engineering team recently deployed a solution that has now eliminated this issue. I ran a remote speed test to confirm if this is the case and you are now receiving speeds within the correct threshold. Since it has been a while since we last heard from you, this thread will be closed. Please create a new one if you still have any concerns or questions. Thank you again for your patience while dealing with this issue. 

-Damian