cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to the 80's

Re: Back to the 80's

*how

I'll make sure to turn off notifications. Maliciousness is not my thing. jezra is right, my comment is not, and was not destructive. But you managed to turn it into that quite well. Practice makes perfect

Smheish, I hope things work out well for you
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Yes, that's fair enough, and no, I don't think you are a malicious person. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I AGREE IT IS THE WORST. I GOT AN ON THE GO INTERNET FROM STRAIGHT TALK AND IT IS SUPER FAST.  FASTER THAN HUGHES NET. I AM LOCKED IN FOR 2 YEARS AND IT WOULD COST 400 TO CANCEL IT. THAT IS RIDICULOUS!

that doesn't matter, it is slow even when you get your data back.. don't tell people that the system is misconfigured. it worked with the other internet service. so it must be configured right

southernsugars is telling the truth. i have talked to someone from hughesnet alot and i told them it is slow.  they don't know what to do.  i wish i had cancelled with the 30 days. now i am locked in for 2 years. i don't use it much now. i bought something else as a backup. and it is really fast.  when 2 years is up, i am cancelling. i hope someday they go out of business because they didn't really tell the truth when they signed me up and yes i did ask questions.

southernsugars is telling the truth. i have talked to someone from hughesnet alot and i told them it is slow.  they don't know what to do.  i wish i had cancelled with the 30 days. now i am locked in for 2 years. i don't use it much now. i bought something else as a backup. and it is really fast.  when 2 years is up, i am cancelling. i hope someday they go out of business because they didn't really tell the truth when they signed me up and yes i did ask questions.

That's interesting, jerza. I have known for a few years now that I could work as a call center person for Medicare and make an extra $800 per month without it affecting my SSDI.  The only problem is that Hughesnet simply hasn't been reliable enough for me to be able to take on that endeavor.  Perhaps now that I've upgraded to the Gen4 that will change, and in time I will feel that it is reliable enough to do so. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Well, Mordacious, you do realize that no amount of configuration is going to address the slowdowns during the peak periods, right?  During off peak periods I have speeds that meet or exceed what yours show in that picture.  During peak times, it's often different.  I just did two tests and one came out at 1.4Mbps and the other at 1.3Mbps.  No amount of configuration is going to improve that.  The only thing that will improve it is waiting about another hour and fifteen minutes, for me.  With that said, even at those low speeds I can still do normal browsing and such just fine, which is normally what I do, anyway.  Low speeds all the time, on the other hand, could be caused by a number of things, as you well know.