Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back to the 80's

Re: Back to the 80's

As you can see, these are my last comments and conversations

These are my last comments as recorded by Hughes Net.
Distinguished Professor IV

Bad things can happen when you don't pay attention.  Put the blame where it belongs. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Southersugars, if you had read the comment correctly, you would notice that it was asking if you were going to claim that they commit felony fraud.  It didn't claim that you committed felony fraud. 

To wit, I'm not saying that you said that, just bringing up the fact that you replied to something that wasn't posted.   

Aren't you gonna suggest they commit felony fraud like you have done so many other times?

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

You are right, I did misread that. And it did spur me on as I'm sure he was hoping for. But to even suggest that I was suggesting that someone commit felony fraud, is offensive and slanderous. And then to state that I was involved in trying to get someone involved in credit card scheme a few days ago? That is libelous slander. And as you know HN keeps track of all that is put here. I showed where any and all of my comments were.

I appreciate you pointing out to me that I may have misunderstood the exact words William Albrecht stated , pretty sure his intentions were clear. Is that what you were meaning when you stated "bad things can happen when you don't pay attention. What did you mean put the blame where it belongs?

Thanks

No, I was referring to blaming Hughesnet when the second month comes along and all of a sudden you were out of data.  Not being cognizant of how much data is being used, or not even looking at the status meter to notice that something is funny for the first 10 or 20 days (as in constant resets) is not Hughesnet's fault.  Anyone who purchases Hughesnet knows that it's a capped service, and even if you weren't told about the resets, like I wasn't, you should still be cognizant of what you are using.  I downloaded the Status Meter the very first time I got on Gen4 (I upgraded from a much older plan) so I could watch my usage like a Hawk, and it was only then that I noticed that the resets were happening.  I then asked about it.  Being cognizant of your usage from day one is YOUR responsibility.  If you weren't paying attention and went through the first month without any problem, then hit the wall in the second month because you ran out of data, don't blame Hughesnet, "put the blame where it belongs."  

I'm not trying to put you down or go off on you.  I see a lot of people do this.  But, with that said, the thing I simply don't understand is why.  As I said, knowing it's a capped service should make people want to watch their usage.  That's what the comment was referring to.   

I understand what you are saying.  And the information we were given and looking at the meter, we looked at what was left available.  And didn't know about how to see what was used. So we went by what looked to be what was left. 

I understand that, but how in the world could you not notice when you went online that the 350MB (just a random example) you used previously was not being counted as used (what is left available) at the subsequent time?  If I know that I used 350MB yesterday, then go on today and it's not being counted on the meter, I would know something is up, or at least think it's a glitch, but after the second day of it, I would know something was wrong, which is exactly what happened with me.  After two days of it resetting, I came on the forum and asked why what I had used over the last two days was disappearing the next day and the resets for the first twenty days were explained to me.  

I don't know what to say to respond to that. We didn't dive into everything like that. And without knowing to do so, we didn't. Sales rep didn't state it, (call reviewed) If we had known about and installing the meter and hoe to observe it, we would have. And I think it's happened to others. That's why I replied when this showed up in my inbox. If he's already unhappy with the service, maybe he should consider other options. And if he's going to cancel, do it before their is an ETF.

Going from that to being accused of trying to encourage a felony and credit card fraud scheme... That's a bit of a stretch. I think you can see that maybe I trusted a bit too much. And that I and others should be more aware and less trusting of sales reps. I'm not a malicious person, as others obviously are. I just don't want someone else to find themselves in our position. I think that's fair enough don't you?