Hughesnet Community

Bad Service and lies

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrc1027

Bad Service and lies

I was lied to from the beginning back on 11/23/18.  The installer did not want to be here and did not do what I was told that he would do while on site.  He also downgraded hughes net salesman and talked me into cancelling the VoIp.....I guess that is the only positive thing he did do!  Thank goodness I did cancel that service that day because I wish he had told me to cancel my HN service all together.  I was using Dish Network for sat internet and it was so much better than what I have now.  

The install finally occured on 12/8/18 after a couple of rescheduling issues on the installers part.  I took a day off work and he was going to intall between 8-12 earlier in December.  The date of the scheduled install her called me at 10 AM and told me that he could not come.  I had rec a text message to confirm the install the night before 😞 !!!!!! He stated he had been sick and the doctor would not release him back to work until the next day and that he could install the following AM.  I explained I could not take another day off work!  Told me to call him when I had a date that he could try to do the install.  Very frustrating.  Finally got it installed and the **bleep** began within 2 weeks.  The service is so slow and keeps disconnecting.  Many calls and case numbers.  The technical department is reading from a script.  They are very nice and polite but every one of them tell you something completely different and it usually contradicts what the previous tech told me.  Some of them are knowledgeable regarding IT issues but some of them know far less about IT than I do.  Everytime I call it takes at a minimum of 1 hour on the call.  Some are longer than that.  They have me run speed test which always looks great on their side.  It is strange that I can run these speed test prior to the call and get much lower numbers than I do when on the phone with the tech.  I have screen shot the test and offered to text them to the tech but they can't do that. Also, FYI  these speed test will use all your data which is not disclosed to you when they have you repeatedly run these test.   Finally, after many calls HN sent a Service Tech out on 1/30/19.  This is another 3rd party company. This appointment was also rescheduled from the origional scheduled date.  The replacement tech arrived and was very nice and helpful.  He immediately was upset that the installer had installed a HN Enterprise Dish on the soffit of my home.  He said that it was too heavy for that type of install.  He ran some test and said that he was turning in a PSR for the dish to be moved. The dish is falling out of range with the sat.  He said that it will continue to get worse as the dish continues to move due to the weight of the dish.  The soffit is only 3/4" thick and definately not designed to support the weight of this dish.  I said that the installer said that was the only place that he could install the dish due to it being an enterprise dish and needing to be ground.  This tech showed me another area that was much better in the backyard.  He also said he was concerned that if a strong wind came throught that the dish would be torn off the house and tear my soffitt up.  He was gong to put urgency ont he PSR.  After a week I called HN again.  I was given the run around and told that to move the dish I had to pay $600.00!!!!!!  I got mad of course.  After all I have tried to cancel the service since 2 weeks after the install (due to performance issues) and was told that I would have to pay for this leased equipment because I was not in a contract and that would be $800.00!!!! HN is a scam. I have offered to return the equipment and have been told that they do not take it back when it is a lease for a business.  I know I am mad but I swear this company is horrible with lies and trying to rape you for more money!  During a conversation with another department the call disconnected.  I had been on the phone for 2 hours and kept getting transferred to someone else who "could help".  So when I calmed down a bit and I called back and got someone else he stated that he would expidite the PSR but that it was not HN fault for the delay because the tech had turned the PSR in yesterday (2/5/19) instead of turning it in immediately.  He said that I should receive a call from an installer withing 2 days.......Nothing! I will use HN if they will just get my service up so I can use it.  My neighbor has HN and is very satisified.  She has the Gen 4.  I have even inquired if the Gen 4 is better than the Gen 5 and have been told absolutely not and that the Gen 5 is wonderful!.   So on 2/11/19 I called to inqurie about my service and an estimated date of moving the dish.  I was told that the PSR was still in processing and he didnt know what was taking so long because the PSR had been turned in on 2/1/19......Wait the other guy told me it was turned in on 2/5/19??? I asked if it usually took this long because it had been at least 10 days and he replied no this is strange!!!! All he could tell me was to be patient and wait.  He gave me the name of the 3rd party install - Advanced Installation Support but he did not have their number.  He said that they would contact me with a date to install "new" equip.  I inquired why they needed new equipment verses using the equipment that I had and he said that the PSR indicated that the dish was damaged...WHAT?  So again I wait.  On 2/13/19 I call HN enterprise and the tech is very nice and places me on hold (very common procedure). When he comes back on he offers to call me back b/c he is on hold with the department responsible for PSRs.  He did call me back in about 10 minutes and told me that a new install is scheduled for 3/8/19....What kind of service is this?  I purchased the HN system for my business because I needed better support and the sales guy told me that the bussiness side of HN had better and faster support than the residential side.  This too is a lie!  My neighbor has residential HN and she has no issues like I have had and definatley has not had all the delays that I have had.  Her issues are generally fixed that day but if not then they have been resolved with 48 hours.  She has used HN for many years and has completed several upgrades.  Okay, so back to my service.  The tech today tells me that they may be able to get that date moved up but they had to have a "higher up guy" to finalize the PSR (he is not in this department but he is a HN person???) before anything else can happen.  I asked if I could speak with this person and was told no that I just had to wait the process out.  For a business this is horrible service.  Definatley not a speedy resolution. 

Who can I call and speak with a senior manager at Hughes Net Enterprises?  I am sure he/she would not be very happy with this type of service themselves.  I am sorry for going on and on but I have never experienced anything like this.  I have never had such terrible service without resolution ........ especially when they know what the issue is and that the issue is their fault!  

11 REPLIES 11